i ve been playing guitar for 2and a half years, but i dont really know how good i am. i dont have a band or anybodyto play with right now, most of the people im around like different stuff than im into and ive never really had any1 to compare myself to except pros like Clapton, Hendrix, and Page so does any1 have anysongs that would help me see how good i am or have any other suggestions? im a noob by the way

PS i hope this is in the right forum
Last edited by mountainman123 at Sep 7, 2006,
it is. jim morrison was a singer lol. i cant judge you because i never heard you.
Quote by Mad Marius
No, I saw them on that documentary, Jurassic Park. They walked around and ate electric fences and people.
Well what have you been working on and how good do you think you are?
George W. Bush for President 2012

We can do it if we work together!
Quote by mattfm
it is. jim morrison was a singer lol. i cant judge you because i never heard you.

haha my bad. honestly i was thinking of jimmy page, i dont know why i put him down
Quote by cubedeathk
Well what have you been working on and how good do you think you are?

My latest project is Cliffs of Dover by Eric johnson, and i can get the bridge and the melody but not the intro yet. I guess I'm alright i learned the intro to hotel california in 10 minutes that might be bad i dont know.
But the big test is: Can you play one complete song?
Correct me if I'm wrong; mind over matter works for me. If I don't mind; it don't matter.
anybody else here think we should make a

"the only "how good am i?" threed"

i see 20 of these threads everyday
CTHC
There are a lot of threads like this. Do a search. They all have the same answer:

You are as good as you are compared to yourself. Are you happy with where you are? Are you accomplishing what you are trying to accomplish? Compare yourself not to others, that will just discourage people/boost their egos. Set your own standards , as everyone learns differently.

Quote by kirbyrocknroll
There are a lot of threads like this. Do a search. They all have the same answer:

You are as good as you are compared to yourself. Are you happy with where you are? Are you accomplishing what you are trying to accomplish? Compare yourself not to others, that will just discourage people/boost their egos. Set your own standards , as everyone learns differently.

I agree. BUT I add: if you truly want to be good, be reasonable, but especially honest in your assesment. Ask yourself if you were really happy with the runs you just practiced, or if they should be slowed down and worked out. However, be reasonable as well: determine what you are capable of, and how much you think you could accomplish in one practice session.

The only way to work these things out is to spend enough time practicing where you know your playing and capabilities.
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out