what amps does the peavey valveking compare to? and what styles is it best for?
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Hmm..compares to maybe a Fender Blues Jr. or a re-issued Delux er something along those lines.

Best for classic rock kind of stuff!
would a behringer bg412f cab go well with the valveking? im lookin for a cheap, but good cab. if not, any other suggestions?
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
I've had one of Behringer's 4x12 cabs, they are about 104 lbs., most cabs weigh around 75 lbs. If you play out a lot, it's a pain to lug around, maybe not if you have at least one other person to help. The wheels it comes with are pretty crappy and, again, it weighs 104 lbs. If you're on a budget it's an ok cab, I wouldn't get one again though (sold mine).

About the VK, once mine died (2 days later, only used 10 minutes tops the night I got it) I brought it back, tried a few amps out... the only other amp that I tried that was similar was a Fender Deluxe (like the other guy said), and maybe Peavey's Classic 30, but I liked the Classic 30 better. The 2x12 is LOUD, great clean channel, the distortion seems, in my opinion, more suited for rock. Great amp for the money though. I ended up getting a Peavey XXL 2x12 combo, should have went with it in the 1st place.