ok, here's the story: I'm looking for a new guitar to replace my Gibson Spirit Les Paul (im not goin to throw it out, it'l just be my second choice guitar)...so basically i play classic rock/classic metal and modern hard rock and some alt...so basically from Led Zeppelin to Avenged Sevenfold...oh and b4 i forget i wanted it to have a locking trem.

Lately ive been more or less focused on saving up for the PRS Custom 24, cuz i heard its great and very versatile...but the more i continue saving up the more i realize that the price range is much to unreachable in the near future...so basically im on the look out for a new guitar again.

So i guess if you know any great guitar that fits the criteria recommend it and ill check it out at my local dealer...all recommendations are welcome!

thnx for readin
~Good Music Never Dies~

~Rock On!~

Quote by pnoy_sk8er21
are there any marshall tube amps?

Quote by myMesa8mybrain
Gibson Faded Flying V was sex in guitar form.

Quote by boredretard
i once went to a shop and bought a squier
whats your budget? what amp do you use? and are you sure you really want a locking trem. do you change tunings alot? also with locking trems you need to read up on how to set them up cos they can either be a pain in the ass or be sweet as hell
Maybe an epiphone alleykat. I have one and even though they are hollow body, it can get a pretty versatile sound. Or an epi/Gibson Les Paul Standard. These guitars are very versatile.
my budget is max 2,000$...and im not rly on my dream amp i either play on my small 15w vox or usually on my friends 50w marshall(its a low end one...sry not sure which model, never asked him) and i do not change my tuning alot, i usually stick with the standard, but i do drop d when playin nirvana songs...im gonna study about trems...and i rly want one wit a trem cuz i have one witout and i could rly use it in the stuff i write...so plz recommend stuff cuz i need all the help i can get...

o btw, ive been checkin out some Schecters, they seem like awesome guitars...any thoughts on them feel free to share.

thnx for readin
~Good Music Never Dies~

~Rock On!~

Quote by pnoy_sk8er21

Quote by myMesa8mybrain

Quote by boredretard
well you may wanna spend more on the amp then the guitar which most people would highly recommend unless there retarded for some reason. so guitar wise yeh you can get a guitar with a floating trem and add a tremol-no (or d-tuna if you dare so) and you can go to drop d but no lower. amp wise probably a Marshall DSL401 would do but get more opinions and yeh try out these gears at your music store
whoa...i checked the Marshall DSL401 it costs 1500 bucks!!!... i guess thats reasonable for a marshall, but are there any other amps tht are just as good and cost bellow 1000...preferbly with a nice clean sound and a powerful distortion.

thnx for the info
~Good Music Never Dies~

~Rock On!~

Quote by pnoy_sk8er21

Quote by myMesa8mybrain

Quote by boredretard
nooo dont get that marshall. you could get an amp thats just as good for only 650. i played and ashdown 60 dsl all tube amp at the store it was just as good. trust me bro. youd be wasten your money.

plus this way you can get a sweet guitar and tube amp.
and yauh the ashdown has got really bright cleans and a really good distortion channel. its also really diverse. you can get any sound out of it.
Quote by BeneathParadise
whoa...i checked the Marshall DSL401 it costs 1500 bucks!!!... i guess thats reasonable for a marshall, but are there any other amps tht are just as good and cost bellow 1000...preferbly with a nice clean sound and a powerful distortion.

thnx for the info

If interested in Marshall dsl401:
I don't know where you would of seen that price but it's around $1000 if you shop around

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/home/navigation?q=marshall+dsl401

http://www.music123.com/Marshall-DSL401-i19935.music

lol, we get at least one thing cheaper here! gak.co.uk has it for the equivilent $830
Behringerv-tone(first guitar)
Epiphone les paul standard plus (cherry burst)
Flanger Pearl peddle
Marshall G15R CD
Dunlop 535Q wah

I like Epi LP's. You got a problem, PM me!
Quote by BeneathParadise

thnx for the info

btw what country do you live in?
whip a maverick f1-ht sweetest guitar ver, and you'd still have loads left over for a decent amp ( dont buy an mg) or get a ibanez pristiege (sp?)
Quote by Mathamology
One day that guy is gonna lose a whole arm to that blender

and that shall be the day I laugh the hardest
im originally european, but i now live in canada...and i went to my local store its about 1200 down there...but im gonna go agfain and check out some more amps, so any more good ones under 1k (obviously tube) that can give great clean and amazing distortion., so just awesome stuff i can add to my list of "to check out stuff"
~Good Music Never Dies~

~Rock On!~

Quote by pnoy_sk8er21

Quote by myMesa8mybrain

Quote by boredretard