My Strat is going crazy out of tune. To solve this I have:

- Removed the string tree for the G and D strings.

- Lubricated the nut with pencil graphite.

Now, I changed from Fender .9's to .10 Nickel Rockers, which are very thick strings. Do you think I should widen the nut slot very slightly just to help? Isn't this a risky thing to do though? Hmm..
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Fender Highway One Honey Blonde Strat (Fralin Pickups)
*Epiphone Zephyr Regent (Gibson '57 Humbucker)
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
You seem to be having endless problems with your H1 . That isn't a very drastic string change. The nut should be ok. What year is your h1? I thought the newer model, (CBS Headstock) had only one 1 string tree. How old are your strings? They need to stretch alot before they'll keep in tune.
Yeah I did just put them on yesterday.

But my model is a 2005 old style. I love the thing but it was setup HORRIBLY when I got it. The trem was completely inwards and stuff. Ugh, it's kind of been a pain, but I still like the guitar.
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
Well the thing is the guitar isn't just going a tiny bit flat or sharp, it's frikkin way out of tune when I do a bend. It's just annoying.
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
I already adjusted all that. The bridge is pretty much flat against the body, with a tiny tiny tiny space.
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
what you wanna do when you get new strings is do a big bend on all the strings(bend down with the d,a,e) and then tune it, repeat that a few times, I actually just put on some d'addario .010s yesterday and I did that 5 times I think. Today I was carrying it around school pretty loosely and my case is probably the worst case you can buy and when school ended and I took it out at band practice it was still in tune from last night and its a cheap ass strat copy man, so yea, got the string tees on, I did tighten the springs in the back though and I also rubbed my pencil in the nut spaces(got the idea from the eric johnson guitar player issue cause he does that). so yea that should solve it. new strings without being stretched go out of tune, strings that havent been put around the tuning peg enough times(atleast 3 times) go out of tune, and old strings will go out of tune so make sure you have none of what I just listed and you should be fine

EDIT: there really shouldnt be any problems switching from 9's to 10's.
Quote by King ofKumbucha
What is plexi? Do you mean a guitar made out of plexiglass?
Last edited by giorgio1210 at Sep 7, 2006,
The saddles are good, no buzzing which is how I like it and kind of high action. I adjusted the neck, it's pretty straight. I think I may need more springs in the back, there are 3. I had a lesson tonight and my guitar teacher said to put in 5 springs. I'm going to do that tomorrow most likely.
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
dude, tune all your strings, then pinch down on the 5th fret, and stretch the string out as far as you can, then tune the string again, and repeat at 3rd fret and open. that will break in your strings much sooner than naturally breaking them in. do that about 2/3 times to all your strings, and in less than a week, it should be fine.
member 21 of the ug pink floyd fan club
I PWNED VINCENT745 TWICE!!!
SPIDER WATCH
JS30RR
Agile AL3100 Silverburst (w/Entwhistle Dark Stars)
^ I use a slightly different system, but he's right - you have to stretch your strings in before they'll hold a tune. And yes, for a while, when you bend, your notes will become very flat.
Hi, I'm Peter
dont widen the top nut because my local music shop done that and now my B and high E strings sound like a banjo

when you replace the strings stretch them to help with tuning stability
Quote by clive_jordan
dont widen the top nut because my local music shop done that and now my B and high E strings sound like a banjo

when you replace the strings stretch them to help with tuning stability

put a couple drops of glue and sprinkle baking soda on top of it. it will fill in those loose cuts.
to shape them, use a toothpick with fine sandpaper wrapped around it.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
ok i had the same problem with my les paul

you just need to strech the strings it isnt your guitar.
" the lick is simply a diminished harmonic minor arpeggiated sequence of dominant stitonics descending down in whole steps in the Phrygian mode...with a raised fourth.
i had similar problems but after stretching out the strings on my H1 it was okay. after using 5 springs now it doesnt happen at all
Werent you the guy who responded to my thread yesterday about locking tuners, telling me that your strat NEVER goes out of tune? Now all of the sudden today it's going CRAZY out of tune? Weird...