I think its crap.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Can I ask why? Not to be funny but I see things like this a lot "So and so is rubbish" but without an explaination. I will help the poster of the question and others reading the post understand better and help make an decsion on the product.
-Mithaearon-
"Just because you can, doesn't mean you should."
^Makes sense.

I've played a few AVTs, and they've all sounded thin with no character when on the clean channel, and buzzy and fizzy when on the OD channel, and they all picked up radio signals.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
The main argument against AVT's and MG's is their price, they seem overpriced compared to their competitors and have maintenance issues.

The AVT's have tubes in the preamp section which probably don't contribute to the tone as much as the price tag warrants, and in fact the transistors int he AVT's probably make the biggest noticeable diff compared to the MG series. The fact is you could get that preamp tube tone from a tube driven pedal, it's really not a big deal.

If you do feel serious about guitar then invest a bit of money in your amp, and get an entry level tube amp, if you're not to sure at this stage about guitar then stick to your practice amp or buy a modelling amp.
Marty
No to the marshall, say yes to the hughes and kettner trilogy
XBLive Gamertag: ecdeluxe1000 send me friend requests (make sure u put UG in the message somewhere)
but worth evry penny
XBLive Gamertag: ecdeluxe1000 send me friend requests (make sure u put UG in the message somewhere)
Played an AVT today.......absolutely pathetic, for the money it costs you should at least get a decent thick sound for it, but it just sounds thin and pathetic.......go for full tube amp for that kinda money