My 9v in my Ds-1 just died, so I grab the closest power adaptor ,12v output, and not thinking plugged it in and turned it on nothing happen then POP and stench. now the distortion doesn't work, can I fix it, I guess it's just that one pot that is ****ed cause the rest work fine.
Gear:
Hagstrom Viking cherry
Crate B15 bass amp
Squier SQ MB-5 5-String Bass
Epi Valve Junior head
Russian Muff
FAB Chorus

I HAVE THE RED PUBIS
Maybe bring it to a shop? It's probably more than you could do in the comfort of your own home.
Quote by Ellron
Masterbate to her image then tell her about it...Then you will have to forget about her.

Quote by unplugtheradio
im gonna go tell my friends that if i die i want a myspace bulletin about me.
you could open it up and see what's burned, and try replacing that component
oh, voltage can. I did that once with a power drill, and maaaan. totally and completely fried and more importantly, useless..
I live in the middle of nowhere there are no shops, and how do you know what burnt up. I looked and nothing looked burnt
Gear:
Hagstrom Viking cherry
Crate B15 bass amp
Epi Valve Junior head
Russian Muff
FAB Chorus

I HAVE THE RED PUBIS
Quote by JimPlaysGuitar
3 extra volts can do that? I wouldn't think so. Can the wrong polarity do that?

It's not about how many extra volts you send thru. It's about the % of extra volts. Typically mechanical stuff like motors can handle + or - 10% but electronics will only handle + or - 5%. The extra 3 volts ended up being an extra 25% which is actually quite a lot.
Not taking any online orders.
yea you are pretty screwed, if it was reverce polarity or maby even 12v ac it problably fried something pretty good, this is why you actually buy the correct power adaptor......
Well can it be fixed the distortion is the only thing that is screwed up
Gear:
Hagstrom Viking cherry
Crate B15 bass amp
Epi Valve Junior head
Russian Muff
FAB Chorus

I HAVE THE RED PUBIS