can you take a string through body into a shop and have a cavity and such put on it and turn it into like a floyd rose or something? i kinda want to do it to my jackson rhoads.
member 21 of the ug pink floyd fan club
I PWNED VINCENT745 TWICE!!!
SPIDER WATCH
JS30RR
Agile AL3100 Silverburst (w/Entwhistle Dark Stars)
SERIOUS ANSWER: yes but its expensive

Sunburst ESP Viper-400 with EMG combo
Ibanez Talman Elec-Acoustic
1973 Denver Acoustic
Traynor Custom Valve 20
Classic Cry-Baby
would it be cheaper to just buy a new rhoads with a floyd for about 650 or get my 300 dollar guitar installed with one?
SPIDER WATCH
JS30RR
You might want to change the tunings without the hassle of a floyd. So I'd think it would be better to buy a seperate guitar with a floating tremolo.
hmmm, well, thanks alot guys for the help.
SPIDER WATCH
JS30RR
if u have the money, my friend, and u can do anything to it
tremolo bridges suck balls. i hate them, just keep your hardtail you'll be glad you did.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Quote by Ace88
tremolo bridges suck balls. i hate them, just keep your hardtail you'll be glad you did.

they dont suck balls you just dont know how to work them. and also if you like to change tunings alot then you will lose that versatility with the trem being in floating mode
Quote by Ace88

GRRRRAAAAAAAAAH. NEVER! You are obviously an idiot. So there.

[EDIT: buy a tremol-no and then you'll have the best of both worlds for $60]
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
Quote by J.MitMetallica
GRRRRAAAAAAAAAH. NEVER! You are obviously an idiot. So there.

[EDIT: buy a tremol-no and then you'll have the best of both worlds for $60]

or $100aud if your living in new zealand or australia
still its a better solution no?
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
Quote by J.MitMetallica
still its a better solution no?

lol no better to not buy a guitar without a trem but still i would always want a guitar with a floyd rose bridge somewhere around me in my room along with my other guitars just incase i need it
depends if your going to use it, me personally never will, there just a pain. but im guessing you will soo..

i think your better off having a guitar without and then a guitar with it instead, especally if you want to put it in a 300 dollar guitar
Quote by grayfox1001
can you take a string through body into a shop and have a cavity and such put on it and turn it into like a floyd rose or something? i kinda want to do it to my jackson rhoads.

well im not sure how much your guitar goes for. or how it wired but if you want to have a cavity for a floyd put in. your better off just buying ine that come with a floyd. GC is gonna charge a couple hundred to do it. and my local guitar shop wants 300+ depending on the guitar.
Quote by grayfox1001
would it be cheaper to just buy a new rhoads with a floyd for about 650 or get my 300 dollar guitar installed with one?

It probably wouldn't be cheaper, but the new guitar would probably be quite a bit better.

Please note though, if you want to change tunings quite a bit do not get a locking trem, or make sure you have a second guitar with a fixed bridge. Also know the hassle which a locking trem can be when tuning. (but they are fun to play on)
Quote by Ace88

There's a difference between an item and the user of the item.
CLICK ME!

Gibson Les Paul Classic '05
JEH Custom Superstrat '07
Rickenbacker 480 '73
Marshall 6100LM head '95
Engl E412SS 4*12" cab '02
Line6 DL-4 '07
Ibanez TS9 '08
Dunlop Crybaby from hell '07
Boss CE-2 '79
Quote by lil-matee
what is a solo?
they dont suck balls you just dont know how to work them. and also if you like to change tunings alot then you will lose that versatility with the trem being in floating mode

Of course i know how to use one. I've probably been playing longer than you have.

Tremolo bars suck. You suck if you have to use one to get the same sound you could get from some expertly done bends.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
so pretty much...

...i should just buy a new guitar, gotcha.
SPIDER WATCH
JS30RR
Quote by Ace88

Tremolo bars suck. You suck if you have to use one to get the same sound you could get from some expertly done bends.

i'm not a fan of tremolos either but how are you gonna do a dive bomb or other whammy tricks with "expertly done bends."
Quote by Ace88
Of course i know how to use one. I've probably been playing longer than you have.

o rly, if so can you show me how you will do a dimebag squeal with some expertly done bends i would totally like to see that
Quote by Ace88

Jesus, Hendrix would have been really annoyed to have played guitars with vibrato bars his whole career when he actually could've done all the same things with "expertly done bends"! Hey, why don't you go ring Steve Vai, Eddie Van Halen, et al, and tell them to stop wasting their time with vibrato bars? I mean, it's too late for Jimi, but these guys could still use your valuable help, man!
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
^Gold.
Gear:
Fender Standard Telecaster (Sunburst Finish)
Washburn X-Series Electric (Black Finish)
Ibanez Electric-Acoustic (Black Finish)
Ariana Acoustic

Randall RX120D Halfstack
Quote by Ace88

I dont know whey you are all dissing Ace88 i just done a harmonic at the 2nd fret and then using an expert bend put it up in pitch then lowered it back down...........................ahhhh no hang on i just remebered thats thats impossible, i actually used the trem on my guitar to do it.

Looks like you guys are right and Ace88 is a wrong un.
I'd love to see you bend a note down. I really would.
Ibanez S470 (Condor/Pyro/Warthog)
Rockafeller Custom
Laney Lionheart L20H
Framus FR212CB
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss DS-1 (Monte Allum Mod)
Boss DD-6
Electro-Harmonix Small Clone
Dunlop/MXR Phase 90 (Full Script mod)
Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2+
no he was talking to Ace88 who has magically seemed to dissapeeear from the thread oh well lets give him a pm reminding him of what he wrote