I'm considering buying one of the acoustics from this shop.

http://stores.ebay.com/Bruceweiart-Musical-Instrument-Shop

Solid top, back, sides, buffalo bone bridge nut and pin, beautiful inlays, cutaways. All positive feedback from the seller but it is made in taiwan so that makes it a little sketchy. I'm really not worried about how it feels because i've been through so many different guitars that I feel comfortable playing anything. Do you think these guitars will be a good buy though or will I just end up getting ripped off?
They could be great, but the chances are they are not. My advise is to avoid anything that you haven't had a chance to play in a store, it's very easy to do your money on crap instruments. Roll your money into something that you have played and know sounds great, rather than buying something that you know looks great but has a 70% chance of sounding like dog****.
In a world where "you get what you pay for" is a general rule, $350. (buy it now price) seems an unbelievably low price for a quality guitar w/so much handwork.
which guitar in particular are you looking at? i've just glanced at a few of them and so far they all seem to be copies of brand name guitars with tons of inlay work added. as el_conquestidor said, the prices seem unreasonably low for what the guy is claiming of them.
Quote by jimtaka
which guitar in particular are you looking at? i've just glanced at a few of them and so far they all seem to be copies of brand name guitars with tons of inlay work added. as el_conquestidor said, the prices seem unreasonably low for what the guy is claiming of them.

This is the one i'm lookin at:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Hand-Made-Acoustic-Left-Hand-Guitar-Art-Inlays-589_W0QQitemZ180025237347QQihZ008QQcategoryZ2385QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

I'm not expecting it to sound like a high end martin or taylor, but if it sounds like the $200 I payed for it I'll be happy.
Ok so I just looked at some reviews. Apparantly they have decent sound but are poorly set up. So if I get it I guess I'll have to take it to a pro for some work. How much would a set up cost?
well the guitar is all solid wood and has bone nut, saddle, and bridge pins. i personally am not crazy about the inlays (the heart on the headstock and the butterflies on the back), but overall it's a sharp looking guitar. for $200 i'd say it might be worth giving a try if you are really happy with the guitar. even if it ends up being poorly made, you aren't out that much money really. getting a set up done on it will run you anywhere from 40 to 80 bucks depending on your local guys.
K I think I'm going to go for it. If it arrives in some dire need of help I'll make a little project out of it which will be fun. I'll let you guys know how it turns out.
You're opening bid is $199 + $120 for shipping that is $319.
Correct me if I'm wrong; mind over matter works for me. If I don't mind; it don't matter.
K scratch that. I read that after a month or so the guitar cracks because they don't dry their wood properly.
Quote by garyo1954
You're opening bid is $199 + $120 for shipping that is $319.

ouch, screw that. $319 is a different story.