Well, the bassist in my school jazz band dropped, and I've been thinking about offering to replace him. I know how to read guitar music, but I don't know if that means I'd be able to play bass music. I know that one is bass cleff and one is treble cleff, but I'm not sure if that changes positions on the notes.
The person below me is probably a homosexual.
yes it does, the bass clef reads like this: lines are G B D F A, and the spaces are A C E G, the little rhyme for the lines is "good boys do fine always"; the spaces are "all cows eat grass" or whatever rhyme you want to come up with
A man said to the universe:
"Sir, I exist!"
"However," replied the universe,
"The fact has not created in me
a sense of obligation."
I know how to read bass cleff, I was just making sure that the first fret, last string on guitar is on the same spot on the bar as the first fret, last string on bass.
Quote by Snipe
I know how to read bass cleff, I was just making sure that the first fret, last string on guitar is on the same spot on the bar as the first fret, last string on bass.

Yes, guitars and basses are tuned exactly the same. (most of the time, but unless you are playing a 5 string+ bass you needn't worry.)
Alright, cool. Thanks a bunch.
p.s, try not to think in rhymes. it slows you down because you look at the clef and say the little rhyme in your head. Just try and remember the notes in order. My teacher said to me "If you can remember how to spell your name, you can remember the clefs". That done it for me, and i promptly remembered!