ok, i am playing in front of a very large crowd of people, my whole school. 3000 kids, the largest high school in arizona and probably the surrounding states as well. its just me and another guitarist, were doing a guitar duel of sorts, like this but extended about 2 minutes.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=G5zV-IlSvP4

lots of fast playing and harmonizing. so its all me when im playing and him when he is, i have no band to rely on. so i need some tips for overcoming my massive stage fright.
my band runs everytime before we play. we go on like a 2-3 minute jog, and come straight to the stage after that, then you're blood's pumpin and you're limbered up
Now officially has too much gear to list

PM me if you want to know about my recording setup
When the time comes to get on stage, you will be fine. I had to do something similar, and I was worried too, but when you get up there and everyone is clapping and stuff, you will probably forget about stage fright. That is how it happened with me. You will be fine, no sweat.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
yea ive plaed shows before but its just this immense crowd. it kind of help that i am actually new to this school. i just moved to arizona from chicago so i dont know like anyone so i dont really know if thats gonna help or make it worse
don't drink caffeine. because the caffeine usually runs out by the time you play..
you'll be fine, assuming that you're confident with your guitar skills. Make sure you and your partner can play it perfectly. One little mistake, and it'll go downhill from there.

I'm always a bit nervous before performing, but once I get on stage, I'm perfectly comfortable. Maybe you'll be the same way. Just get pumped up somehow and you'll be fine, so long as you're energetic on stage.

And either way, no matter what happens, you're playing for a mostly non-musician audience, so they'll be easily impressed. If the general masses are easily impressed with Fall Out Boy, they'll be going wild for you.
Quote by rockergurl09
you'll be fine, assuming that you're confident with your guitar skills. Make sure you and your partner can play it perfectly. One little mistake, and it'll go downhill from there.

I'm always a bit nervous before performing, but once I get on stage, I'm perfectly comfortable. Maybe you'll be the same way. Just get pumped up somehow and you'll be fine, so long as you're energetic on stage.

And either way, no matter what happens, you're playing for a mostly non-musician audience, so they'll be easily impressed. If the general masses are easily impressed with Fall Out Boy, they'll be going wild for you.

That usually happens, but for some reason, when I made a mistake while performing to our school, it just gave me the motivation to play better so that I didn't go downhill.

Edit: It was in a band though, not a partner, so I guess you can forget what I said.
Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr
You could always hide behind your hiar if you've got long hair, that's supposed to help, for some reason.
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
Hey dude. Good luck on that guitar duel. Im sure you'll be able to keep your cool up there.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
i have a disease where i love attention, never had the problem with being on stage playing guitar.
Quote by Freepower

B) Think. This may be hard if you havent done it before, so start slow and with a metronome.

Quote by Punk Poser
What's in my wallet:
Broken Dreams, crushed oppurtinitues, and an old condom.

Quote by PooKoo
well, we are pricks, but were arrogant, not ignorant.
I remember the first time my band played about four years ago, i was so nervous my legs were literally trimbelling.. but now im totally cool with performing in front of people. most people are usually scared of playing in front of people at first. Walk around, get into, thats what people really want to see. People are usually bored with someone up there standing stiff as a board, no matter how bad-ass they are playing. If your into, and you mess up, nobody will probably ever notice..

Granted i've never played in front of 3000 people.. Play in front of your family and friends, to try to get a better feel of what it feels like to perform in front of people..
Practice like hell until the show comes. Once you know that you can nail it perfectly you'll have a big confidence boost. Don't bother with the people who might criticize you, at least you had the balls to go up there in front of 3000+ people to do something you love. Rest up the night before the show and practice before you go on. Try not to think too much or you'll screw up.

Thats all the advice I can give to you. Good luck!!!
I was in a musical and I too had stage fright, never played a gig though

But I just did it with loads of practice and I was forced to anyway because I had to be one of the leads. I just got pumped. It also helped that the cast was wishing everyone luck. I support.

But the only way to get through it is to do it.

Have fun
Quote by Shorrock
have a few beers, smoke a spliff or somthing. They usally relax me

Wouldn't that kinda be a bad idea since he's in school and all? Don't take any alchol/drugs because they may **** up your playing and get you busted in school for drinking. Drink a red bull or something to get your energy up 20 min before the show or run around and get your blood pumping so you come on stage with the same energy.
I did a gig once for skool, and my guitar strap snapped and i was the laughing stock of the school, but i did another one and played the crazy train solo and know i odnt get any **** bout it, im just known as the guy whos good at guitar
take 30 minutes before to warm yer hands up, do some deep breathing exercises to relax about 5 minutes before you go on and if you can, have a friend get you pumped up the last minute before you go on, vinnie used to get dime pumped up by asking him if he was ready to which he would always reply "van f#cking halen!!!" (as in go out there and tear it up like van halen would) knowing that story i personally like to use "pan-f#ckin-tera!!!!!" makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside