Hi folks,

I'm about to buy an Ibanez RGT42DX that comes with stock INF DiMarzio pickups. I plan on replacing these with custom DiMarzios - possibly PAF Joe or PAF Pro for the neck, and Evolution for the bridge. Does anyone have this combination and can give me some feedback on it? Or any other suggestions?

Thanks!
Quote by azn_guitarist25
what music do you play? what amp do you use? whats the budget?

umm... he didnt ask for suggestions on what to play but opinions on the products he listed...
Quote by _Sanitarium_
umm... he didnt ask for suggestions on what to play but opinions on the products he listed...

Quote by xdreamxtheaterx
Hi folks,

I'm about to buy an Ibanez RGT42DX that comes with stock INF DiMarzio pickups. I plan on replacing these with custom DiMarzios - possibly PAF Joe or PAF Pro for the neck, and Evolution for the bridge. Does anyone have this combination and can give me some feedback on it? Or any other suggestions?

Thanks!

you obviously didnt read. should take more care when skimming post which is what i think you did
A bit of everything really, but some beginner's shred - Satriani, Vai, Dream Theater and even a bit of Van Halen.
Look into Mo' Joe, Super Distortion, The Tone Zone, Evolution
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Quote by _Sanitarium_

you're an idiot. how the hell can we tell him if they're any good if we don't know what he plays?

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
oh, i probably wouldn't get evos or paf joes if you play a little of everything. they're too much aimed at the vai/satch tone. what's your budget? and what amp?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Hmm actually TS, are you into all kinds of shreds or do you find that you really like a certain particular artist's tone? Coz you said ur pretty much beginner shred, that either means that you're trying to find a tone that you want OR you just wanna play little bit of everything. Budget and amp helps a lot, try to answer that.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
I personally feel you will be wasting your money.
Hamer USA Chapparal Custom, scalloped fretboard & Sustainiac
Hamer USA Chapparal Elite, Dragon Snakeskin finish
BC Rich USA Gunslinger
BC Rich USA Warlock
Boss GX700
3TM ADA MP1
Rocktron XPression
Mesa 50/50 Stereo Power Amp
Laney 4x12 Cab
Quote by azn_guitarist25
what music do you play? what amp do you use? whats the budget?

I think you should sig that, everytime I see one of these thread you got the first post ''what music do you play? what amp do you use? whats the budget?''.
But know on to whats good well I'm fixing up my strat with a Duncan JB in the bridge and a Duncan SH-1 59' in the neck. An I to play a little of everything not shred but I play some solo stuff.