http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Standard-Stratocaster-Electric-Guitar?sku=516037

If you don't want to click the link it's a Fender Standard Stratocaster Electric Guitar.
-Electron Blue w/ Maple Fretboard for $399.99

I'm pretty new to guitars but from what I've heard a Stratocaster is an all-around good guitar. I'm open to suggestions, alternatives, anything you think will help. I'm guessing everyone in this forum knows more about guitars than me, so any opinion is appreciated.

Thanks,
Josh
Carpe Diem
It's a good guitar for the price. What matters if if it fits your style of music or not.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Yes, It's a great guitar. What do you play? That will really depend on if it will be a good choice for you.

Also, what's you budget?
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
I like anything but punk or metal. I will play Skynard or Gavin Degraw, whatever the mood. I really need a guitar that sounds clean, not one to slam on. I can spend around $500.
Carpe Diem
All i can say is... try BEFORE u buy... but then again these guys probably know more then me...
Quote by G0ldberg
All i can say is... try BEFORE u buy... but then again these guys probably know more then me...

he's 100% right. Every guitar that comes off the line is different. Alway, always try it before you buy it.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
what amp do you use? and i would get the version of that guitar with a humbucker in the bridge for more versatility also the pickups on them are pretty gay but i guess you can live with it for the time being
Strats are awsome guitars. I dont have one but Ive played fender and Squire strats. Very versatile. Since you are new to guitar, this will be perfect, but if you can pay a little more, Id also reccomend an Epi Les Paul(standard or anything).