I've lowered down the action on my guitar as far as i could without fret buzz but still think that it's a wee bit high. So....how is your action? plz tell me your action's height (mm) so that i can know if mine's too high or just normal.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
mine is the same to the nut hieght at the 24th fret....and no buzz.....im just that good
Stop Reading My Signature

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Blackjack w/ EMG 81/85 PA2
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
Quote by striker327
wtf..... serious dude if that was so then your strings would be toughing the frets

not if his nut is really high...
btw, to threadstarter, the action on my electric is 2mm above 12th fretwire, it has a little fretbuzz on some strings when picking too hard, but i normally don't pick that way so it's ok. generally, i prefer 2-3mm...
Member of the Jackson/Charvel Owners Group
Last edited by 666_Belial at Sep 8, 2006,
I don't have my guitar with me, but I have my action as low as it can. It does mean I get some fret buzz but since I only play everything with Gain-o-Plenty, i'm not too bothered. It still sounds fine to me
I've found fret buz is pretty hard to avoid on any guitar. You just have to learn to ignore it or not hit the strings so hard.
Quote by evening_crow
I've lowered down the action on my guitar as far as i could without fret buzz but still think that it's a wee bit high. So....how is your action? plz tell me your action's height (mm) so that i can know if mine's too high or just normal.

what type of guitar is it?
did u measure ur neck angle?
what gauge string are u using?
and if it feels high then it's too high, dont get caught up in numbers.

Quote by Captain Planet
I've found fret buz is pretty hard to avoid on any guitar. You just have to learn to ignore it or not hit the strings so hard.

not really.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011