Hi all,

I wanted to start a thread called: The Best Music Arrangement Ever, because
I want to get your feedback on what song, you believe, has been arranged in the most memorable and perfect blend of instruments, vocals, rhythm and melodies.

This song or piece in the song should be something you could listen to over and over and never be tired of it and you would continually appreciate the quality and musical workmanship.

I have two that have always stood out.

Love in an Elevator by Aerosmith: Everything about this song is superb, from the harmonies to the guitar riffs. I especially appreciate the bridge in the song, where there is an awesome and catchy guitar riff, rock solid drums with a swinging and double-timed ride sound, simple but powerful bass hook which compliments perfectly with the drums and a slow building guitar solo. Absolutely brilliant.

Give A Little Bit by Supertramp: Listen to this song and you will hear a myriad of sounds that tantalize the ears in a perfectly arranged symphony of instruments. Especially listen to the outro of the song, where you will hear keyboards, complimentary drums and bass lines, acoustic guitars, keyboards and vocals. The sound is very hard to describe, it's just a brilliant piece of music.

Share your thoughts...
Comfortably Numb by Pink Floyd: This Song at first seems so simple, but the bass line, the keyboards and the guitar solos are absolutely brilliant. Also, this song demonstrates how a band can use both of its singers effectively, especially with such interesting lyrics. This song just sounds perfect.
Chop Suey by SOAD. There is a motherload of keyboards and other instruments that are layered with stuning precision and only gently compliment the most powerful moments of the song.
RHCP - Under The Bridge comes to mind when thinking of minimalistic, yet incredibly memorable guitar.
Metallica - One. It's just right. Same for MoP.
Dream Theater - The Crimson Sunrise. Well we've all heard of 'em (:
And A7X's Bat Country, hope I'm forgiven. The song is crafted really careful and the result is an amazing instrumental with a dope singer.
and to put an end with A Perfect Circle's Three Libras. 'tis plain beautiful.
Great Gig in the Sky by Pink Floyd
Cross the Line by Place Vendome
2112 by Rush
Baba O'Reily by The Who
Quote by richwatkinson
haha You pwned an entire website....i bow down...

TheDudeBox
Opeth - Leper Affinity or pretty much everything on blackwater park.
George W. Bush for President 2012

We can do it if we work together!
Undoubtedly Beethovens 5th. It's not one of the most recognizeable (if not most recognizable) classic peice without a reason.

Little Fuge in G minor (Bach). Not only is the theme absolutely brilliant but the way the theme repeats with an ingenious coutnerpoint line (fromt he beginning theme) is just awesome. An excellent piece and an all time favorite since I was around 6years old. (we had a keyboard that would play a "demos" and it would play little fuge)
Tubular bells II
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
21:13 by coheed + cambria.

i can't describe it. it's something that just needs to be heard.
Quote by Jaret Reddick
wake me up when september ends makes me cry evry time!

emos forever
:-(
Quote by flame843
Porcupine Tree - Collapse the Light Into Earth

[/thread]

Unbelievable song. So simple, but Steven Wilson's voice is incredible in that song IMO.
It's not the fear of what's beyond
It's just that I might not respond
November Rain, It just hit me the other day how much time Axl must've spent working on that.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Quote by Erc
Undoubtedly Beethovens 5th. It's not one of the most recognizeable (if not most recognizable) classic peice without a reason.

Little Fuge in G minor (Bach). Not only is the theme absolutely brilliant but the way the theme repeats with an ingenious coutnerpoint line (fromt he beginning theme) is just awesome. An excellent piece and an all time favorite since I was around 6years old. (we had a keyboard that would play a "demos" and it would play little fuge)

i love bach's fuge. didnt someobody do a rendition of that on guitar?
Quote by jazkel24

Any bands you're trying to copy/sound like?
Close To Me - The Cure

Amazing song which then goes into a brass solo.
Great band great song
Stairway to Heaven

At first it starts out slow, then gradually builds up speed and excitement. The lyrics are just amazing and soo very mysterious. The solo is just unbelievable and seems to reach no end. Finally the outro tops off the song with blend of everything. The who song is just filled with a sense of wonder. What else can be said?

Amazing song, just sheer brilliance
Member of the 'Guitarists Born In 1991' Club. PM Greendayguitar, gdm09 or blues_rocker to join.

-Gibson LP Classic
-Fender American Standard Strat
-Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
-Peavey XXX w/Marshall Cab
Tom Petty- It's good to be King
When they kick at your front door
how are you gonna come
with your hands on your head
or on the trigger of your gun
Actually speaking of Tom Petty, I love that song 'End of the Line' by the Travelling Wilburys, which Tom Petty was in at one stage.

The band features:

Nelson Wilbury - George Harrison
Otis Wilbury - Jeff Lynne
Lefty Wilbury - Roy Orbison
Charlie T. Jnr. - Tom Petty
Lucky Wilbury - Bob Dylan

Great song and great vocal arrangements.
The first one that comes to mind is Rainbow Eyes by Rainbow. The song itself is well written but the way that the orchestral parts weave into the other parts of the songs is perfect. Martin Birch (producer ) and Ritchie Blackmore (songwriter:music / lyrics Ronnie James Dio) really did a great job with this number. It is layed and emotive, while not being overbearing. Great mix of rock and orchestral instruments.

Other notables:
Led Zeppelin: I have been playing the song Babe I am going to leave you and the song is brilliant in using various crescendo's / peaks and valleys in a very interesting piece. Likewise for Stairway

Lennon/ McCartney: Sgt Peppers and later works where the successfully played with different sounds and constructed some very interesting tunes like A Day in the Life.

The Police / Sting: listen to Ghost in the Machine. Fantastic piece of work with nice variety of pop ( every little thing she does) and more subdued (invisible sun) tunes

Lastly. Tom Schultz the perfectionist and Boston's self titled debut in 1976. All the songs, similar to Led Zep, make excellent use of blending musical peaks and valleys to create and sustain emotion and interest in the tunes.
Quote by sadistic_monkey
Tool - Lateralus. It's just an amazingly well written song.

I second that. Still my favourite song ever. But it's so well written indeed. The way it builds to it's climax and the complex rhythm (Fibonacci sequence!), it's pure genius
Quote by «ÃFireÏnside»
Moonlight Sonata anyone?

unless you've heard all the movements (especially the last), you can't quite grasp just how good it is really, IMO, the last movement is far better than the first...though i'll admit it is amazingly beautiful.

Belle & Sebastian - Step Into My Office Baby. it's covers all the textural and emotional bases at some point, though it's clearly more fun than sad.

also: Super Furry Animals - Cloudberries and Cabin Fever. these are must listens...they're the closing tracks on their album Love Kraft, and they've got to be some of the best closing tracks out there. the emotion in them is amazing, you'll be moved without a doubt.
Quote by Iluvpowerchords
I like:

Phobos (he oozes cool)

Misfits and AC/DC Covers + original recordings (jazz/punk, hardcore, "shredish").
http://advancederror.dmusic.com
The Cure's "Close to Me" by ****ing farrrrrr
Quote by trev913
RHCPhysco for the win.

Quote by rmr024
poop? i put it in a blender from time to time

Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM DorkusMalorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join.
A Change Of Seasons by Dream Theater.

It's their longest song clocking in at over 21 minutes but all 21 minutes of the song is just jaw dropping amazing. Beautiful acoustic parts to heavy 7 string guitar riffs. Wonderfully crafted song.
Quote by Andrew Zara
A Change Of Seasons by Dream Theater.

It's their longest song clocking in at over 21 minutes but all 21 minutes of the song is just jaw dropping amazing. Beautiful acoustic parts to heavy 7 string guitar riffs. Wonderfully crafted song.

Sorry, but Octavarium is 24 minutes. Just so you know
When they kick at your front door
how are you gonna come
with your hands on your head
or on the trigger of your gun
Quote by damo74
Actually speaking of Tom Petty, I love that song 'End of the Line' by the Travelling Wilburys, which Tom Petty was in at one stage.

The band features:

Nelson Wilbury - George Harrison
Otis Wilbury - Jeff Lynne
Lefty Wilbury - Roy Orbison
Charlie T. Jnr. - Tom Petty
Lucky Wilbury - Bob Dylan

Great song and great vocal arrangements.

Now that is quite the line-up.
Eternal Life by Jeff Buckley. You just can't beat soaring strings and a phat bass sound in the climax of a rock song.