hey guys,
im looking into buying a new guitar but im not to sure wat yet im looking for something with a very sharp rocky sound i had in mind a strat but im not to sure if there as sharp as i think. any opinions?
it depends on wut price range u got
XBLive Gamertag: ecdeluxe1000 send me friend requests (make sure u put UG in the message somewhere)
i think a fender strat would be right up ur alley, wut kind of amp do u use?
XBLive Gamertag: ecdeluxe1000 send me friend requests (make sure u put UG in the message somewhere)
at the moment a Marshall MG15DX but for my birthday in april ill prob get a Vox AD100VT
cool, that should be perfect for the sound u wunt, and down the line maybe getting a pickup change wouldnt be a bad idea either
its all personal preference, but sometimes the stock pickups can be kind of weak and you can def get the tone ur looking for from different pickups, but the stock pickups should be fine
yeh well the only problem is i would have to get the guitar ordered in and i dont no if u can try before u buy after he has ordered it in
my best advice then would be to atleast try some guitars at the shop that would be most like the guitar u wunt and the amp u might be getting, i have the same prob wit ordering cause im left handed and nobody stocks any decent left handed guitars around here
Quote by striker327
why, wat would be wrong with the standard pickups?

Nothing don't listen to em

I've learned that as a non-guitar expert.. you can hear differences but they all sound pretty decent. Use your ears and if it sounds good use em. Remember the skills + amp make up 90% of the sound
Get a valve amp instead of that 100 watt Vox, and then look at any Fender Strat, look for some Japanese ones if you can (they're q rare, but are around)
Basically try any Strat you can.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by R_H_C_P
Get a valve amp instead of that 100 watt Vox, and then look at any Fender Strat, look for some Japanese ones if you can (they're q rare, but are around)
Basically try any Strat you can.

i wouldnt be able to aford a valve amp man they cost to much, plus a vox aparently emulates a vavle amp
Quote by pugnapugnapugna
nah, man. you can afford a valve from the cost of that vox. 40w valve is about equivalent to 100w solid state

i'm sure you can afford a 40w valve with your money.

What kind of bullsh*t is that? A 40W valve/tube amp has a MUCH different (read: better) tone than any 100W solid state amp. AND the watts doesn't define the sound quality it tells you how the amp will react on high volumes. The more watt the better it will be on high volumes, mostly.

If you want a new guitar, go get a new, good guitar. Not a decent guitar and a decent amp. That's crap. It's better to get THE guitar first and a good amp after.
CLICK ME!

Gibson Les Paul Classic '05
JEH Custom Superstrat '07
Rickenbacker 480 '73
Marshall 6100LM head '95
Engl E412SS 4*12" cab '02
Line6 DL-4 '07
Ibanez TS9 '08
Dunlop Crybaby from hell '07
Boss CE-2 '79
Quote by lil-matee
what is a solo?
I had a 70's Reissue Strat. Pretty good guitars.
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Fender Highway One Honey Blonde Strat (Fralin Pickups)
*Epiphone Zephyr Regent (Gibson '57 Humbucker)
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
Quote by Muppet
What kind of bullsh*t is that? A 40W valve/tube amp has a MUCH different (read: better) tone than any 100W solid state amp. AND the watts doesn't define the sound quality it tells you how the amp will react on high volumes. The more watt the better it will be on high volumes, mostly.

If you want a new guitar, go get a new, good guitar. Not a decent guitar and a decent amp. That's crap. It's better to get THE guitar first and a good amp after.

I was talking about how they measure up in terms of volume, not sound quality.
Quote by Muppet

Why is that better? I'd rather have a good amp, with an okay guitar, and upgrade guitar later on. It's all personal preference, btu most people are gonna argue that an amp will have more effect on your sound than a guitar.
I listen to music and I don't need your opinions about what I listen to.