My niece is about 15 years old and her birthday is coming up... I know the Hello Kitty squire is a piece of ****...but...is it really THAT bad that I shouldnt get it for her. I tryed telling her it sucks but she won't listen and it's the only one she wants. As a starting guitar do you think it'll do or is it unplayably bad? lol
If shes just starting it will be fine, I actually does play.
Gear:

Crappy Samick Guitar
4x12 Cabinet
Guitar Rig 2
Computer
Peavey Bass
Bass Master 200 Watt bass amp
Hmm, you could get her a used Fender MIM Strat, then refinish it pink and draw a cat or something on it, it'd be more personal that way.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Wow that was fast, thx.

hmm, that refinshing idea is a good one, however, do you think its possible to buy the pickguard without the guitar (from the H.K. model)? Maybe it could be put on the freshly gayafied pink mim strat? lol

Squire is made up of a bunch of assholes...they know that every little girl is going to want that guitar...so they make it as cheaply as possible and price it at $200.
There is a Fender made HK model? I thought the only one was a Squire.

The squire is made of agathis, only has 21 frets, only has one pickup (a humbucker in the bridge position)...I cant bring myself to pay 200 usd for that..
Oh your God, that pickguard is terrible!

What you should do (If you're gonna refinish a MIM pink) is you should buy the MIM Strat with everything, and then just draw that design on the pickguard, she won't care/notice if it's a full Strat pickguard.
Don't be afraid to care"

The pickguard wouldn't fit an MIM.

And just for comical value...
Don't be afraid to care"

I must not let my niece see one of those! She will want one.
-Mithaearon-
"Just because you can, doesn't mean you should."
Quote by thetoastinator
Also, It would be pretty embarassing to go into GC and ask for a Hello Kitty Squier.

Trust me, Im not relishing that idea...lol

WAIT...theres another option!

Its still a squire but, its kinda like a normal squire strat. What do you think of this one?

http://www.squierguitars.com/products/search.php?partno=0335101570

If not, how long would it take to refinish the mim?

Quote by Mithaearon
I must not let my niece see one of those! She will want one.

DONT...its satanic...TRUST ME
Hmm, you could do if you don't mind not gettin an MIM.

What I meant is you could get her a used MIM Strat, because it's gonna' be a lot better quality than a Squier.

And it'd probably take about a day to sand the paint off, then a few days to refinish, then a few more for it to dry.
Don't be afraid to care"

Ok, how much can I expect to pay for a mim Strat and can I get a link on how to sand/refinish it cuz Im a noob....go ahead and sig me saying Im a noob, see if I care lol.
Why would a 15yr old girl be interested in hello kitty? Isn't that for little kids?
Quote by kitfoo
Why would a 15yr old girl be interested in hello kitty? Isn't that for little kids?

A 15 year old isnt a little kid? I don't know, I dont consider myself to be an adult and I'm 20....
Then again maybe shes just really girly? who knows... as long as she isnt mindless.

Thx for the help RHCP. Im gonna check ebay. She's gonna be really happy with this, it was a great idea.
Last edited by King ofKumbucha at Sep 8, 2006,
No problem, glad to help!
Good luck.
Don't be afraid to care"

King ofKumbucha let us know how it comes along and hopefully show us any pictures. I may do the same for my neice. SHe is only 6 and has a little Squire Strat thing that I got her.
-Mithaearon-
"Just because you can, doesn't mean you should."
Quote by Mithaearon
King ofKumbucha let us know how it comes along and hopefully show us any pictures. I may do the same for my neice. SHe is only 6 and has a little Squire Strat thing that I got her.

I sure will. I'm prob gonna make this a christmas gift instead (seeing as I can't finish this in a week). I'll start soon though. When I start I'll link to the gear cust thread on this one.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Daisy-Rock-Rock-Candy-Electric-Guitar?sku=514884X

not all the daisy rock guitars are completely gay. this one is over ur budget. but its mahogany, grover tuners, duncan designed pups. smaller neck for smaller hands.

i mean i wouldnt be caught dead with a flowered one, even tho they are still basswood and still better than the hello kitty guitar.
but just thought id toss out another option before u started ur project.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I gotta go with the Daisy Rocks. They are made better and do play well. My wife has one, and I'll probably be getting one myself. I have small hands and the necks are perfect for me.
Seriously, I'm in the band.
Model Name Hello Kitty® Mini?
Model Number 033-5101-(Color#)
Series Hello Kitty Series
Colors (506) Black,
(570) Pink,
(Gloss Polyurethane Finish)
Body Laminated Hardwood Meaning ply wood
Neck Maple, C-Shape,
(Polyurethane Finish)
Fingerboard Rosewood, 9.5? Radius (241 mm)
No. of Frets 20 Medium
Pickups 3 Single-Coil Pickups
Controls Master Volume, Master Tone
Pickup Switching 5-Position Blade:
Position 1. Bridge Pickup
Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup
Position 3. Middle Pickup
Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup
Position 5. Neck Pickup
Bridge Hard-tail 6-Saddle Bridge
Machine Heads Standard Die-Cast Tuners
Hardware Chrome
Pickguard 1-Ply White
Scale Length 22.75? (575mm)
Width at Nut 1.61? (41 mm)
Unique Features Script Hello Kitty Logo Artwork on Front of Pink Body,
Collage Hello Kitty Logo Artwork on Front of Black Body,
White Control Knobs,
Black Silkscreen Squier® Logo,
Engraved Squier Neckplate
Strings Fender Super 250L, (.009 to .042) Nickel Plated Steel p/n 073-0250-003
Accessories None
Introduced 7/2006
Notice Product Prices, Features And Specifications Are Subject To Change Without Notice
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by kitfoo

I'm a 37 year old man and I want one. I know guitarists in amateur metal bands that want them. If only they made one that wasn't crap.
For a starter instrument, the Squier is fine. Yeah, a Fender would be best, but for a noob, the Squier is suitable. It's not THAT horrible that it can't be played...
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor