multiple effects (something like the Digitech rp50/80) more specifically. I'm pretty new to this scene, so I don't know what to look for or to stay away from. The clincher is my price range is <80 USD. Any suggestions are cool
Quote by pHaKe
My mom says that "You listen to those crack smoking, satan worshipping, satanists and you'll go to hell..."
Then I usually say.... "ok?"

Quote by Unofficial
OMG wtf. I don't understand?! oops. I just reported a mod. Is that bad?
i wouldent even bother until you have more money, unless you buy it used, new you woulent have many options, the only one that comes too mind are the Zoom 606's and 505's STAY AWAY FROM BOTH, if you plan on making this pedal last then stay away from cheap zoom products
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
Yea, I play alot. I like Santana kinda stuff, so something with a wah would be cool. I live in Dayton Ohio, there's a Guitar Center a few miles away.
Quote by pHaKe
My mom says that "You listen to those crack smoking, satan worshipping, satanists and you'll go to hell..."

Quote by Unofficial
i have a digitech rp-300 on ebay.along with some other pedals...it's at 22.50 right now if i remember right..here it is..

^^type that numberin the search bar of ebay
My Setup!
Schecter C-1 Elite..

Laney GH50L
Crate GX412 Cab
Crate XT65R

EHX Holy Grail
BBE Sonic-Stomp Sonic Maximizer.

Member #24 of the EHX Guild
Well, definitely don't go with a multi-FX. I can guarantee you out of the hundreds of effects on those, you might use 4 or 5. Here's my suggestions:
1. Boss DS-1 = Great distortion pedal. Very warm and great for rock in general and serves as a good booster.
2. EH Small Stone Phaser = Great analog phaser and one of my faves. You can get some very mild phasing or some straight up trippy phasing out of it.
3. EH Small Clone Chorus Pedal = Very warm, full chorus sound that can suit any kind of music.
4. Digitech DigiDelay = Normally, I hate Digitech products, but this one is an exception. Pretty much a DD-6 on a budget.

Check out Ebay and some Pawn Shops. You can find some gems there.
2005 Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Marshall JCM900 MKIII Master Volume head
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Ibanez TS-7 (being modded soon!)
Yea, do most guitar shops let you try out pedals? I was thinking about going and checking some out and seeing how some of them sound before I go straight and buy them
Quote by pHaKe

Quote by Unofficial
^ My guitar store usually lets me try out the display items
Gear
PRS Standard SE
Laney GH100L with Marhsall 1960BV
Digitech Bad monkey
Marshall EH1
EHX Small stone
EHX Small clone
check the DF-7 modeling pedal, it's one sweet ass pedal
it's got 7 modes,
1)TS-9 (ibanez tubescreamer)
2)DOD 250
3)Boss DS-1
4)rat
5)Boss metal zone
6)digitech metal master
7)Electro-harmonix big muff

even pro's that have used it say they find it hard to tell the difference between the original pedals and their models on the DF-7
he says he plays Santana like stuff, not heavy metal :/...

check out overdrive pedals.

actually, Santana's tone is mostly from his Dumble amps.
YEAH I'M STRAIGHT OUTTA COMPTON, FOO!