????

cuz i find it hard to bend on my fretless.
Quote by Jimi Hendrix
The Blues Is Easy To Play But Hard To Feel.

Quote by Chris Impellitteri
I Promise That My Solos Will Only Get Faster.
[Practice Makes Perfect][Hell Yeah]
why the fuk do you have a fretless
" the lick is simply a diminished harmonic minor arpeggiated sequence of dominant stitonics descending down in whole steps in the Phrygian mode...with a raised fourth.
i removed my frets.
Quote by Jimi Hendrix

Well if its fretless you dont need to bend just slide up lol.
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
Quote by ScottishAngus
Well if its fretless you dont need to bend just slide up lol.
i think i will buy a floating bridge to bend the notes.
Quote by Jimi Hendrix

Thats interesting
Quote by flyingjew34
Practice Practice Practice man. You can't get better at anything without practice. Oh, and mustard too.

I play like I'm breaking out of jail.

--Stevie Ray Vaughan
try getting frets?
" the lick is simply a diminished harmonic minor arpeggiated sequence of dominant stitonics descending down in whole steps in the Phrygian mode...with a raised fourth.
^a lack of frets means tighter tension, so bending is harder.
try downtuning your guitar and playing in the relevent pitch, should reduce tension
Quote by srvman
why the fuk do you have a fretless

Why the fuck are you on this forum?
Ibanez RG3270M Prestige
Gibson SG Standard
Fender Mexican Strat w/ Kinman Woodstock Pickups

Vox Valvetronix AD120VTX (soon to be a Peavey 6505)

Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
Dime Cry Baby From Hell
If you think about it...the fret just makes things easier.

When you push down on the string the fret is there and causes tension and applies more force. Like a see saw, or if u wanted to lift something. Like puting a board under a rock and using the rock as a pivot point to lift something heavy...ahh i cant find a picture...

anywayz without the fret there, its more work to simply just push down with your fingers
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
hmm, ive never tried to bend on a fretless, but on fretless basses, you just slide up. next time i have my hands on one, ill bend.
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
humph since your not getting any frets.

do you play the violin bass? you dont bend strings you use vibrato

bending is probably something you wouldnt do with bass or violin so im guessing it will be the same.

all im saying is tht its just awquard for the sake of being different, no real reason to have no frets
Hmmm... I get why it doesn't bend, mabye you should get a floating tremolo though, as you said.

Or... (this is just a guess, never tried it and I have no idea if it works)... scallop your fretboard, like Yngwie's so that you can push your fingers into the frets and it bends the note:

It might not be too great for slide though.
Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr
Quote by add45
Hmmm... I get why it doesn't bend, mabye you should get a floating tremolo though, as you said.

Or... (this is just a guess, never tried it and I have no idea if it works)... scallop your fretboard, like Yngwie's so that you can push your fingers into the frets and it bends the note:

It might not be too great for slide though.

Lol that wouldnt work with a fretless, if anything it would make it even harder to play. You would have to push even firther down to get a note to sound at the right pitch.
if you're trying to reach a higher note, just slide up to it. If you want a vibrato, use vibrato. Basically you'll plant your finger and then roll it a little bit up and down the fretboard. On the viola/violin/cello/bass, its mostly in the wrist. Might want to take a lesson or two to help get it down.

guitar without frets does sound difficult to play, but it depends on your style. I bet chords would be difficult to get right. Its also going to be more difficult than a viola/violin because the notes are much further apart. A viola is tuned to C-G-D-A, essentially a 7 fret interval between strings (as opposed to guitar at 5, except for B string) and even in the first position its not a big stretch to reach the 7th interval with your pinkie.
Quote by Evil_Empire24-7
i removed my frets.

You are a dumbass. And I would think that it would be easier to bend without frets than with...
- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

actually no cuz the frets help bending to be smooth rather than bending above the wood of the fingerboard.
Quote by Jimi Hendrix

i kept the frets but removed the strings... they were just slowin' me down.
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
Quote by strangedogs
i kept the frets but removed the strings... they were just slowin' me down.

- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

ive tried bending on a fretless

its not impossible but its just more difficult
Quote by R_H_C_P
You're joking right?

It's like comparing sex to sticking your penis in a blender.

Quote by Danno13
Try thinner strings?

well dont fretless need flat wound strings and i think that they are like 12's or something like that
Quote by Prk Marshall
Lol that wouldnt work with a fretless, if anything it would make it even harder to play. You would have to push even firther down to get a note to sound at the right pitch.

Duh, dumb me

I completely forgot that

Nevermind my last post, then.
Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr