The Maccabees are'nt getting anywhere near as much recognition as they deserve, Get to know them now as opposed to jumping on the bandwagon when they are massive!

For those not in the know 'The Maccabees' are a 5-piece indie alternative act from Brighton in the UK, They seem to write short sharp snappy pop songs with some of the most amazing melodies I've ever heard.

Please I urge you to seek more information and download some of their great songs.

Find the maccabees at:

www.themaccabees.co.uk

www.myspace.com/themaccabees

If you want to look for songs then downloading any of the following is a great introduction to the band.

Latchmere
Lego
Precious Time
Bicycle Rush
X-Ray
Happy Faces
Tissue Shoulders

Thanks alot for reading this guys and even more so if your willing to give this band a chance and check them out...........This is a forum post so some feedback would be appreciated, I'd love to hear what you guys think, Also I've posted a basic tab for Latchmere, Anymore tabs would be very welcome!
Cheers
Matt
this thread has been left for ages.
But yes amazing. The new single First Love is a cracker. The best act at this years Reading Festival. The best current live indie band.
This won't last unforunately, because as for every good band they get big and the fand goig to the gigs become shit and boring as hell. See them! as soon as possible.
They remind me of Maximo Park and the Futureheads.

Which are some of my most favorite bands everrrr.
There's only one girl in the world for you
and she probably lives in Tahiti.
they are good, Orlando's voice just sounds worried and afraid, but i really like that, it's got a uniqueness to it
my books myspace
Here
read it, new chapter added every 2 weeks
They were amazing at Leeds Fest. I expect a rise in their popularity, they deserve it.
I can't stand them.

Another thing, they're a modern rock band.
I will never travel brandishing a sharp tongue, out of fear of piercing my own heart...
Quote by YourLastAffront
I can't stand them.

Another thing, they're a modern rock band.

I'd say they are in the right section.
Quote by _Mayday_
I'd say they are in the right section.

Well they're not indie?
I will never travel brandishing a sharp tongue, out of fear of piercing my own heart...
Ok, I can accept that, and would agree if this section was simply Indie (rock), but it also covers Alternative (rock). And The Maccabees aren't Classic, Modern (Modern rock are bands like RHCP), Metal, Nu Metal, Punk, Ska, Pop Punk, Emo, Blues, Jazz, Other or Hardcore, are they?

They are clearly alternative rock!
So the new album has leaked and so far it seems brilliant, anyone else heard it?
MIA 1979 Fender Strat
Epi LP Standard
Squier Strat

Tanglewood

Laney TF300
Fender Frontman 15G

Zoom G1