Goodmorning my friends..This is actually my 1st post..I m going to buy a new all tube amp for my Deluxe HSS Strat..

I m between a Marshall DSL-401 , Randall Rg50tc and Fender Hot Roded Deluxe.

I m crazy with Marshall but here in Greece it has many "enemies"..I read very good reviews for the Randall but i have doubts about Randall..

I want it for home use , and i play Hard Rock(GnR,Zeppelin,Purle,Dokken etc) and some metall...

I care about the clean channel only because i use a Pod Xt for the modelling , but i would like a good OD Channel for my amp...

Can you suggest me what to do?
Marshall. Randalls have atrocious cleans and Fenders have crappy distortion.
Hi, I'm Peter
Well, I own the Hot Rod Deluxe and couldn't love it more. However, I'm not too sure that it would fit your style. The overdrive is nice and gets a good grit, but it is not very hard and certainly not a Marshall sound. The clean channel is beautiful to my ears and I love the overdrive for classic rock. It is far from metal but a good classic rock sound. My thoughts would be to go try them out, and if that's not possible find sound clips. Whether or not it's for you I don't know, but I love my Hot Rod.
I half agree with your ibanez. The HRD will have a better tone with just an OD pedal. But some processors do sound very nice through tubes. I can't vouch for the PODxt because I disliked it.

I would go for the Marshall. I think it suits your style the best.
hot rod

i will actually have a heart attack if u get a marshall
" the lick is simply a diminished harmonic minor arpeggiated sequence of dominant stitonics descending down in whole steps in the Phrygian mode...with a raised fourth.
Quote by srvman
hot rod

Why?

the only Marshall amps he shouldent get are MG's and AVT's and he did say he was looking for a tube amp.

but yeah, the HRD is amazing, i would get that.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
Quote by igotabcrich32
Why?

the only Marshall amps he shouldent get are MG's and AVT's and he did say he was looking for a tube amp.

but yeah, the HRD is amazing, i would get that.

sorry i just love fender amps sooooo much the cleans are amazing and with a tubescreamer distortions even better
" the lick is simply a diminished harmonic minor arpeggiated sequence of dominant stitonics descending down in whole steps in the Phrygian mode...with a raised fourth.
Quote by srvman
hot rod

i own a mg30dfx and with PodXt sounds beautifull...i cant stop using pod...i believe that the marshall is the best choise ,it worths every cent..but i don't know if it will match with the pod...

any other opinion at 800euros?
Personally, I think if you're using a POD Xt as your main tone, you should probably look into getting a tube power amp and cabinet, and use the POD as a preamp. I've heard this setup a few times, and it sounds downright amazing (as long as you turn off the speaker / mic modelling on the POD). Tube power makes all the difference in the world with a POD.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
Quote by Dirk Gently
Marshall. Randalls have atrocious cleans and Fenders have crappy distortion.

That's not true about the RG50TC. They tend to break up pretty early if you're using the High Input but when using the Low Input it has pretty nice cleans, granted they're not exactly a Jazz Chorus or a Twin Reverb, but they're nice and I've played amps with worse
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
Great amp for cleans and crunchy rhythm work, but not really for hair metal.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by Crunchmeister
Personally, I think if you're using a POD Xt as your main tone, you should probably look into getting a tube power amp and cabinet, and use the POD as a preamp. I've heard this setup a few times, and it sounds downright amazing (as long as you turn off the speaker / mic modelling on the POD). Tube power makes all the difference in the world with a POD.

If the POD sounds best with a tube power amp you could use the POD into the amps effects loop return, therefore bypassing the amps pre-amp and you could use the effects loop mix control as a volume control. This set up would give you more options but I'm not sure how this would compare to the Independant tube power amp.
Quote by Dirk Gently
Great amp for cleans and crunchy rhythm work, but not really for hair metal.

but its perfect for hard rock,isn't it?
Quote by no. 380059
If the POD sounds best with a tube power amp you could use the POD into the amps effects loop return, therefore bypassing the amps pre-amp and you could use the effects loop mix control as a volume control. This set up would give you more options but I'm not sure how this would compare to the Independant tube power amp.

This is a very valid option as well. POD into the power amp of any tube amp sounds awesome. I suggested the tube power amp and cab because you do pay for the preamp section of a combo. So if you're going to bypass it, it's useless. For the price of a nice tube combo, you can get a good quality 2 x 12 cabinet and can get a decent tube power amp, and nothing in the rig gets 'wasted'.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
Quote by danichro

Nope. Its a classic rock amp. Id say a Marshall si good if your using the map, otherwise i liek Crunch's idea with a power amp.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by danichro

No, it's more suited to Classic Rock and Blues kinda stuff. From the 3 you posted, I'd say the Randall would be able to handle it but the Marshall would probably be more suited to it (Maybe with an Overdrive pedal)
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join