I've found I get much better results (and it's an easier technique) to sound a pinched harmonic this way :

Pick the note as normal but rest the nail of thethird finger of the right hand actually on the string being played.

Anyone else ???
Im at work right now but when i get home im def gonna give it a try cuz pinch harmonics have been giving me troubles for ever!
Pinched harmonics are hard, but in the end it's probly better jus to practice catchin da string wid ur thumb, it's much easier if ur soloing if ur not concentratin on ur right hand fingers.
that's the way i play them but not with the nail but with the middle knuckle, but that's just cos that's how i hold my picks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihavnofingrprnt
well there are only three true people alive today who are actually possesed by satan

Dakota Fanning, the kfc general dude, and my neighbor and all of them dont have much musical ability
Quote by HAVOC 51
I've found I get much better results (and it's an easier technique) to sound a pinched harmonic this way :

Pick the note as normal but rest the nail of thethird finger of the right hand actually on the string being played.

Anyone else ???

Are you kidding me? How is that easier than catching the string with your thumb right after you pick it?

If you ask me you're just going to develop a bad habit. Just practice doing it the normal way until you eventually get it.
there's no correct technique, do it the way u do it and don't listen to any1 elses opinion on it. thanks for the tip, i might try it but i am trying to be a bit more traditional with my playing right now.
Marty
I used to play them with my knuckle and switched to using my thumb. I?ve found I can play them much faster and just as clean with practice.
pinch harmonics will just come with more practice, i would suggest just practicing the old way, Archaon's prolly right, youre rprobably just picking up a bad habit. I noticed that when i really need a pinch harmonic, i take a split second to put my pick and thumb up to the string som im absolutely sure i'll catch it in the right spot on the string.
i catch the string with my thumb i nail them 97 percent of the time now tenquice is the key : )
He as hollow as I alone

R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARREL

Quote by Yakult
She's probably not going to show up. Either she went to a different restaurant, or she never intended to meet you.

Kudos for waiting so long though!
Quote by R.I.P.Dimebag
i catch the string with my thumb i nail them 97 percent of the time now tenquice is the key : )

tenquice? is that french for technique?
I do it differently, cos I hold my pick weird. I hold it between my thumb and middle finger, and kinda rest my first finger on the top. I find it easier for alt picking fast, but to pinch i just straighten my pointing finger, and touch the string as i pick it normally. Seems to work quite well, but its a hashed together technique I taught myself, so its probably not for most people