Ive had ma les paul standard for many a year now and a bit ago i said, hey lets do some stuff to it! so i decided on a pickup swap on the bridge, cuz it was a little tooo muddy for my liking. So what did i do but stick a chuffin big invader on it!!!!!! IT IS AWFULL AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH idiot yes i know. Not on good clean sound found yet after ages, my amps not bad either. Itis probably the worst pup ive heard, so im just advising anyone thinkin of stickinone in the guitar to insert fully up their ass first, this may in effect improve tone. What dy'all rekon of them by the way?
D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

The only reason it exists is because drugs get people fucked up, and people love getting fucked up.

they aren't highly regarded here. its a shame you can't try em before you by em. bareknucles and EMG's are pretty highly regarded - though both are pretty harsh for cleans (the EMG 60/60a is the best your gonna do for cleans in the EMG range). I feel sorry for you dude, sell the pickup on ebay and get a pickup more suited to what you want to do because i doubt the invader is supposed to be good at cleans in the first place.
Marty
The invader is built for distortion. If you're trying to get a clean sound, and before you
toss it, adjusting the pickup further from the strings. As a repair guy, I've found many
problems are easily solved by moving the pickup up or down. If you just don't like the
sound, though, put the old one back in, or check out the pickup manufacturers websites
for ones you might like better. Find out what your favorite guitar players use. Do your
homework before you waste more money.
if you can afford it, then Bare Knuckle Pickups all the way
Warpigs or Cold Sweat maybe? Or The Mules if u don't want full metal sound
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

A Seymour Duncan Jeff Beck (SH-4) should serve you well, one of the best-known SD pickups and won't be as harsh as the Invader. What kind of music do you play?
If he is complaining about cleans from an Invader, he will most likely complain about the JB. Even when I adjusted the pole pieces, it didn't great with cleans. The tone with distortion isn't all that much better.
I've been playing guitar for about 10 years. I'll tell ya, if you only waste money on one pickup you don't like during your guitar playing life, consider yourself very fortunate.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by Dirk Gently
I've been playing guitar for about 10 years. I'll tell ya, if you only waste money on one pickup you don't like during your guitar playing life, consider yourself very fortunate.

What he said.
Can you coil tap the invader with push/pull pots??
DARK_MATTER, Instrumental Post-Metal from Ireland

Bass:
Ibanez BTB 405QM
Ashdown PM600 - Peavey TVX 4x10
Russian Big Muff

Guitar:
Fender Jim Root sig
'99 Stagemaster 7-string
Yamaha F310
Hughes & Kettner Warp 7 w/4x12