Okay Jack White isnt a kick ass shredder so no one call him ****, but during alot of his solos he make his guitar 'stutter' ive bin told its flutter picking and staccato by palm muting. I dont know what the hell this means or how to do it.

any help??
I never say this, but SEARCH
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
Quote by J.MitMetallica
I never say this, but SEARCH

Wow, don't be an ass, that's not a common question. If it was what are the differences between... then yes, but maybe you should try searching it before you say something.

I did search it on Google, and really didn't find anything, Can you give me an example of a particular song?
I listen to music and I don't need your opinions about what I listen to.
Custom Telecaster
Alvarez RD20SSB
Jasmine S-35
*Epiphone FT-130

"Yeah, I'm real deep when I'm not busy masturbating or setting off fireworks." - John Mayer
Quote by fredthecat
Are you talking about tremolo picking or maybe a tremolo pedal?

you know what, when i was reading about it trying to find links for him, i did here it mentioned that, also they reffered to it as "Double-Picking" basically just really really fast picking. like a Beautiful Fluttering butterfly :P
Custom Telecaster
Alvarez RD20SSB
Jasmine S-35
*Epiphone FT-130

"Yeah, I'm real deep when I'm not busy masturbating or setting off fireworks." - John Mayer
I did search for it but all i found was a bunch of surfers who used the technique, but thanks anyway

al try searching for double picking cheers
I tried a google search for flutter picking, it looks like its just picking as fast as you can? On another note, when you say "stutter" it makes me think of people like buckethead and tom morello that have a button on their guitar that turns the pickups on/off instantly. Buckethead does a little bit of it at the end of Figures 3 and 4 here, also at the end of the last solo (which starts at 2:40)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wD-9SmhFvk
It's called Tremolo picking mroe often. But I can't recall Jack White Using Tremolo picking, so I really want an example of a song, and tremolo picking you can find lots of lessons,
I listen to music and I don't need your opinions about what I listen to.
In the song Astro on the first album, almost the entire solo is tremolo picking.

If that's what you're talking about by 'flutter' picking. never heard that used before.
Flutter picking as from my experience is used mostly by extreme metal musicians (mostly Norwegian Black Metal artists), it involves palm muting just a little (not a full on muting of the string) and then tremolo picking any augmented or regular chord you are playing. It's very hard to play, take your time!!!!