Hey, I'm ususally in GG&A, but my electic needs are fulfilled, and it's time to get a new acoustic.

So I was in Dawsons today trying out a few (around the £300 mark give or take a bit) and I tried a Tanglewood TW1000N(£349), an Epiphone EJ200(£329), and a Farida acoustic (was around £450, wasn't that special) but they could probably be found cheaper.

Basically I'm looking for decent advice for a damn good quality/sounding/playing acoustic at this price range, so can you advise me some other brands/models that I'll go and try please?
So I've got a bit over £300 (which is apparently around $559, but some of the stuff you can get in the US might not be available/priced differently)

Cheers!
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Last edited by R_H_C_P at Sep 8, 2006,
I've never heard of 2 of those brands. And I'm not familiar w/the $ conversions. How much are you wanting to spend in American $?
Most of the brands here that I would recommend might be tough to find there (like Alvarez). I would look at Yamaha, any of the Godin companies (seagull, art and lutherie, simon and patrick), and Washburn in that price range.

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
^Cheers, there was a Yamaha in there at that price range, I didn't have time to play it though.
Don't be afraid to care"

I am new to playing guitars, and I recently bought a Washburn D10SCE and it has a really nice sound.

Cheers, but I'm staying clear of electro-acoustics, and I've never once used that function on my electro-acoustic.
But I'll look into Washburn.
Don't be afraid to care"

They have some really nice acoustics also. Check out there site.