if anyone knows where to find a tutorial to 8 finger tapping, or knows how to do it themselves, i was hoping to learn, so if you could give some tips on 8 finger tapping, it'd be good. also:
when i'm tapping on any strings other than high e or low e, i usually strike the string above it when i pulloff, so should i mute the strings, or is it possible to gain a ridiculous amount of accuracy so as not to touch any string, but still pulloff with a good, warm sound.
thx
it's a little of botch
having accuracy and muting so they won't sound...
Hold my breath
as I wish for death
Oh please god wake me
You just need to practice to not hit strings, though it's still ok to mute them in case of any string noise. Eight finger tapping? Honestly, yea it might be cool, but you will probably NEVER have a use for this, I would just learn maybe up to six finger and that's a BIG maybe. Just try to get down your legato and tapping, then work on neat tricks and such.
All Hail! The Kala-Kala Chieftain!
I don't think 8 finger tapping is actually useful, though it could be some "original" thing of yours, so go ahead. Maybe we'll even sometimes hear about "the guy with the 8 finger tap".
Well what bout the guy from DragonForce he has like 20 finger tapping. And he pwns.
"Speed is nothing without control" - Bart Frydrychowitcz

Mark Morton is a God

Gear
Schecter Gryphon Diamond Series Limited Edition
Carvin SX-300 Half Stack
Podxt Live
V-amp 2
Peavey Transtube 110efx
He doesn't do 8 finger tapping though, plus he has GREAT technique and has been playing for a long time.
All Hail! The Kala-Kala Chieftain!
theres 2 guys in Dragonforce sam totman and herman li
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Crate XT120R
(broken) Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Boss AW-3 Dynamic Wah

lolzords
yeah, some people do do 8 finger tapping, though it's usefulness is limited. Like the other guys said, you shouldn't hit the other strings at all when tapping, but at the same time muting is a good idea because open strings tend to ring just in general. I don't know of any specific tecniques for doing the 8 finger, but if you know how to do 6 finger or whatever just ad more fingers. If this is your first attempt at using more than one finger on the tapping hand, then start with just 2 and get good at that first. It's also good tecnique to practice with a metronome while tapping otherwise many people tend to do quick taps and not evenly timed noted like they should. Good luck.
as for songs that i usually do for tapping, i like Midnight and A day at the Beach both by joe satriani and honestly i think Midnight is easier than a day at the beach. And try not to hit other surrounding strings as you play otherwise it will sound like a big mess.
Quote by StringsRequired
Well what bout the guy from DragonForce he has like 20 finger tapping. And he pwns.

Does he take his shoes off and use his toes for the other ten?
Buckethead is one of the masters of multifinger tapping. Just thought I'd throw that out there. (Though realistically, he's one of the masters of... well, just about everything.)
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by StringsRequired

Do you have 20 fingers?

Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
Buckethead is one of the masters of multifinger tapping. Just thought I'd throw that out there. (Though realistically, he's one of the masters of... well, just about everything.)

Shitty music?
- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

Quote by flyingjew34
Shitty music?

Thou hath not heard Nottingham Lace, apparently.
Quote by dudetheman

Guitar One has had a recent series of tapping lessons, culminating with eight-finger tapping. I kinda sound like the magazine's paying me, but you could check it out.
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
Thou hath not heard Nottingham Lace, apparently.

I find Buckethead's stuff to be noise. Sure! He's a great guitar player. But I don't listen to him because it musically sucks my balls.
- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

Quote by flyingjew34
I find Buckethead's stuff to be noise. Sure! He's a great guitar player. But I don't listen to him because it musically sucks my balls.

Noob.
Quote by flyingjew34

You just aren't listening to the right stuff. Try out some songs off of the album Colma (Whitewash, Ghost, and Big Sur Moon are some of my favorites) and the aforementioned Nottingham Lace.
Quote by dudetheman