ok well theres 2 bars one bar of a minor anmd anpther of half f and another half e7flat9 and it repeats 3 times and Ive got to improvise around them in a brit pop type way

whats scales could I use and stuff
Chuck Norris has two speeds, walk and kill
If my reading is correct, you have

|Am-----|F-E7b9-|

Which is completely in the key of A Harmonic Minor.
The "Popped Collar" Award(Sexiest)
Elvenkindje

The "Rest In Real Life" Award(Best Past MT Mod)
Elvenkindje
Quote by elvenkindje
Which is completely in the key of A Harmonic Minor.

Woah, take a step back mate. You never ever say "in the key of A harmonic minor" or "in the key or A melodic minor". Sorry, but my theory book specifically says that. Its because you only have the Natural Minor as a key, and to make it into harmonic or melodic you have to add the accidental on by the relevent note, rather than before the Time SIgnature.

So, you were saying?
Quote by Robbie n strat
In the changing rooms we'd all jump around so our dicks and balls bounced all over the place, which we found hilarious.

Little children should be felt, not heard.
^ i think what he meant was the harmonic minor scale. Trust me, elven probably knows more theory than you
:-x
O.S.I.

Part of the 7-string Legion

Check out my profile
and my 7-string Ernie Ball MM JP-7 build

Quote by 6DgOfInTb
Trust me, elven probably knows more theory than you
:-x

Undoubtedly, but it is wrong to say the harmonic key
Quote by Robbie n strat
In the changing rooms we'd all jump around so our dicks and balls bounced all over the place, which we found hilarious.

Little children should be felt, not heard.
Yes, it's wrong to say that.. However, my reasons for saying A Harmonic Minor instead of A Minor with every G to be sharpened.. Is because it's simply easier to say, easier to think of, easier to do stuff with.

If I said the piece was in A Minor, with every G sharpened.. Most of the guys think 'ah, A Minor' and forget about it. They don't even know wtf a G is, they just memorize patterns. So, that's one thing.

Also, thinking in 'A Minor with every G sharpened' is a lot more difficult than thinking in 'A Harmonic Minor'. Even if you know where all the G's are, you still have to think 'oh, yes.. I have to sharpen the G', while if you think in A Harmonic Minor, you just play (or think in intervallic relationships with the chord being played, but w/e)

Furthermore, I believe your theory book is a bit on the classical point of view. Most jazz musicians I know of regularly use terms such as 'play in Harmonic Minor'.

Still, you brought up a good point.. But IMO, it's much better to think of it 'my' way.
The "Popped Collar" Award(Sexiest)
Elvenkindje

The "Rest In Real Life" Award(Best Past MT Mod)
Elvenkindje