Hi there from Caracas, Venezuela. I just got a brand new wah pedal CryBaby 535q model. I plugged it directly to my Fender Blues Junior amp. I found out that switching the pedal off, that rich mediums my amp gives are not there anymore. The tone has changed completly. Is this normal or maybe i got a bad unit? Could it be bad cables? Someone help me, i had to struggle to bring this unit to Venezuela because you can't buy it here, if this unit is bad, then it will not cry but I will!

Thanks for helping
I cant remember if the 535q's switch is wired true bypass ... if its not than its normal for it too ruin your tone. If you dont like it you can check the gear building forums and the guys over there can sort you out with some info.
Gear
PRS Standard SE
Laney GH100L with Marhsall 1960BV
Digitech Bad monkey
Marshall EH1
EHX Small stone
EHX Small clone
Yeah, i dont think its true bypass so its going to change your tone a bit
Quote by flyingjew34
Practice Practice Practice man. You can't get better at anything without practice. Oh, and mustard too.

I play like I'm breaking out of jail.

--Stevie Ray Vaughan
It's really easy to mod it for true bypass though, you just have to fiddle with the PCB.
I have a 535Q, I never really noticed it until I got a new amp, but it does alter your tone a little. It does not have true bypass. Cheap cables also affect your tone.
Sorry man...the 535 is a pretty bad wah.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
hmm, that's interesting, I always thought the 535Q was true bypass since they say "hard wired" on their site. The numbers don't lie though, seems like a lot of people are noticing it, that's some tricky marketing indeed.

Quote by Dunlop site
The CRYBABY 535Q also offers six new guitar wah ranges, a variable boost from 0 to +16 dB and a hard wire on/off switch. It's new custom circuitry consumes less power and eliminates unwanted distortion.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Hard wired/true bypass/whatever means nothing. The phrases can be all twisted around.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Hard bypass could just mean it has an actual mechanical switch (like the spdt that most crybabies come with), as opposed to an electronic switch, like the kind found in boss pedals. Any pedal that is genuinely true bypass should never affect tone that much (unless the jacks, switch and wires are very poor quality, which shouldn't be the case here). Could you give us a pic of the inside of the pedal, particularly of the switch?
My gear;

Custom HSS Strat (eBay'ed parts)
Fender Acoustic
DOD EQ
EH Big Muff
Home-made Wah
Home-made Booster
Laney LC15

Looking for a Jazz Bass body to refinish

My DeviantArt Page, MySpace Profile
Well.... I'm finding out that it doesn't have true bypass thanks to you guys. I should have been sure first 'cause i treasure pure and rich tones of any valve amp and i think nothing is worthy to be there if the amp won't be able to show it's true sound. But i still do love the sound of this wah (if it's good for Satch it can probably be good for me ). So, what to do? I think, so it doesn't have true bypass? I'll build the true bypass in my line with an Y cable and a A/B swith pedal.

What do you think?

Thanks a lot from Venezuela my friends
It's pretty easy to make a wah true bypass, if you've a little experience with a soldering iron.

This is totally off-topic, but I heard somewhere that Caracas has the biggest female-to-male population ratio of any city in the world, and there's like 2 or 3 girls to every guy. No diea where I heard it from, but is that true?
My gear;

Custom HSS Strat (eBay'ed parts)
Fender Acoustic
DOD EQ
EH Big Muff
Home-made Wah
Home-made Booster
Laney LC15

Looking for a Jazz Bass body to refinish

My DeviantArt Page, MySpace Profile
anyone know if the GCB-95 wah has got true bypass ?
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Takamine G Series 6&12 string accoustics

Marshall JCM 800 50w 1987 (4 input)
Marshall 1936 Cab

Jim Dunlop CryBaby
MXR 10 band EQ

R n'fn' R!
You might want to get some better cables. I have a 535Q as well as a TU-2, Phase 90, and MXR 10-Band EQ and I haven't ever noticed any tone loss in my rig.
Don't know what that one guy is talking about, the 535Q is one of the best wahs available, regardless it is has true bypass or not. Most wahs and most pedals do not have true bypass, either get them modded, deal with it, or hope that high quality cables can keep most of your tone there. What to try 1st, get good cables, it's a good choice for down the road, too.
Friend robmarsden01: Completely out of matter but always interesting he he he

In Caracas as National Statistics Institute in my country says, for year 2000:

Girls: 1.050.265

Men: 995.935

Ratio: 1.05 girls for each man. I don't think that's high. The whole population has almost the same proportion but let me tell you something and i'm not lying: about 65% of girls in Caracas are beatiful, and almost a 50% are really young and gorgeous babes.

Hope being helpful
Quote by Guitarmiester
Don't know what that one guy is talking about, the 535Q is one of the best wahs available

No it's not. Dunlop wahs as a whole are mediocre at best. Vox wahs are vastly superior, and when you get into the boutique range, well.....Dunlops are just awful by comparison.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
it's not difficult to do a true bypass modd guys, no need for opening up or modding the PCB, it's all done outside of the PCB. you need to replace the Switch with a DPDT (or 3DPT if your using an LED) - they cost about 5 bux, and should be about the same price. it's all about how you wire the switch, and nothing else. tonepad.com has some information on offboard wiring.
Marty