Les Paul
13 50%
SG
12 46%
Wildkat
1 4%
Voters: 26.
Right then comrad's

I have had my Fender Stratocaster for about 2 years and I have gathered enough money now to purchase myself another electric guitar.

However the dilema is this, stratocasters have single coils therefore I think my new guitar will be a humbucker based guitar. But I'm very unsure about a choice of the usuals. The list of them are these

Les Paul
SG
Archtops e.g. Wildkat, Riviera ect

But these each play there own certain styles and to be honest I fit into all 3 of them so im unsure which is the one to get. I have tried many les pauls and SG's and I have had a go on the Wildkat aswell and they all get a lovely tick for different reasons

Les Paul - Had the great sustain as expected which fits into quality and also has a very rocky sound with the distortion being there humbuckers

SG - Not as much sustain but had more of a dirty, grungy sound and certainly I think has the most character

Wildkat - Not alot of sustain and the sound was pretty neutral within sound but had a little egde of sweetness in it and certainly looked the best

So I ask you this, The people who play these guitar should feedback me info on whats good about, whats bad, what there like to live with

For the people who have not got these guitars, please recomend me another model or something else

Thank you
Quote by akack
We beat you 6-0 you stupid mother ****er.

"Nobody likes an unkempt shrubbery - The monty Python appreciation society"
what is ur price range
XBLive Gamertag: ecdeluxe1000 send me friend requests (make sure u put UG in the message somewhere)
also do u wunt active or passive humbuckers
XBLive Gamertag: ecdeluxe1000 send me friend requests (make sure u put UG in the message somewhere)
Ive recently got an Gibson SG Faded Special. Its amazingly beautiful. The action needs a lil lowering but you could live with it as it is. It plays wonderly. You can easily play the higher notes thanks to the body shape.

because the faded special has no paint finish its soooo light, its awesum.

Thats what puts me off les pauls, they weigh a tonne.

But i dont know anything abuot wilkats, sorry
Gibson, Martin, Orange, Apple.
I personally prefer the SG.....probably biased.

Here are a few highs and lows:

SGs have higher action than most guitars. This can take some getting used to, but it is great for blues. The neck is more sensitive to damage, as it is one piece.

They are a lot lighter than the LPs, and that makes playing on stage easier.
I think the SG is more versatile also.

I don't know about the Wildcat.
PRS SAS or Gibson LP Standard+
Teese WOF->Analogman Sunlion->Dr. Scientist Elements->Foxrox Aquavibe->Strymon Timeline->Eventide Space
Mesa RoadKing II and 2 Vox AC15s run in stereo
if ur looking for the SG style guitar go for a high end ESP/LTD viper much better guitars IMO
the wildkat looks like its got p90s as well not humbuckers, if you are looking for a humbucker guitar...
Quote by Whats the story
Right then comrad's

I have had my Fender Stratocaster for about 2 years and I have gathered enough money now to purchase myself another electric guitar.

However the dilema is this, stratocasters have single coils therefore I think my new guitar will be a humbucker based guitar. But I'm very unsure about a choice of the usuals. The list of them are these

Les Paul
SG
Archtops e.g. Wildkat, Riviera ect

But these each play there own certain styles and to be honest I fit into all 3 of them so im unsure which is the one to get. I have tried many les pauls and SG's and I have had a go on the Wildkat aswell and they all get a lovely tick for different reasons

Les Paul - Had the great sustain as expected which fits into quality and also has a very rocky sound with the distortion being there humbuckers

SG - Not as much sustain but had more of a dirty, grungy sound and certainly I think has the most character

Wildkat - Not alot of sustain and the sound was pretty neutral within sound but had a little egde of sweetness in it and certainly looked the best

So I ask you this, The people who play these guitar should feedback me info on whats good about, whats bad, what there like to live with

For the people who have not got these guitars, please recomend me another model or something else

Thank you

I would get the Wildkat.

I own one, they sound BEAUTIFUL.

Though, they do have P90's as the person above me pointed out.
i guess, what type of music do you envision playing, and as already stated, what's your budget? also, what amp do you have?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?