Page 1 of 12
i couldnt find a dt thread i was wondering who here listened to this crazy ass band..my favorite song is final resistance and my favorite cd is the gallery wut are your opinions?
They are good. I prefer In Flames for my gothenburg stuff, but these guys are quite good.
Metal Matt reserves the right to be a hypocrite whenever he damn well pleases
I like how every 3 weeks a new DT Thread is made, then nobody posts in it, and it fades into obscurity until someone posts a new one.

Dark Tranquillity are good...
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
I think they're really good, they dress like fags, but they're good. Saw them open for Opeth last year.
Originally posted by Sweat&Blood
shut up reed-tard, what would disturbed be, more of a heavy metal rather than metal?
woot for the AHX avatar...

BTW DT get a big meh from me
Mikael Stanne was once my favorite vocalist, but I saw a video of him sucking ass live, so I don't think as highly of him anymore. He's still one of my faves on CD though, and I saw a video of him younger doing really good live, so maybe it's age.

All I've got is Character, but I wanna get Project and The Mind's I, too.
DT is a great melo-death band. Projector or The Mind's Eye would have to be my favorites. DT is much better than In Flames IMo, because IF was always inconsistent and have turned to **** nowadays.
Dark Tranquillity are a fucking class melodic death band. If you or someone you know is trying to get into melodic death, this is the band to introduce them/yourself to. Mind's I, Skydancer and The Gallery are amazing for technicals, and the rest are just pure riffing heaven.
^Exactly what I think. Also Character is great.
But. THEY'RE COMING HERE IN 8 DAYS AND I CANT GO! AAAAAAAARGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!
Dark Tranquillity are one of my favorite bands... The Gallery, and Skydance/ Of Chaos and Eternal Night are probably my favorite albums by them, but i like all thier albums alot...
Last edited by AtTheGatesx22 at Sep 8, 2006,
They are the epitome of kickassery. Character is my favourite.

Look at the shell that is you!!!

/Lost to Apathy.
roar
one of my fav bands, got almost all their albums

ive got

skydancer
damage done
Exposures- in retrospect and denial
character
the gallery
Haven
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
guys it's Dark Tranquility, anyways I enjoy them quite a bit. Character is awesome, and The Gallery is as well; The minds I and Damage done are enjoyable too though.
Yep, there are two l's.

Which is funny, because the correct spelling is "tranquility".
I just love all of their albums, a lot better than In Flames IMO. They remind me of a suped-up version of In Flames old stuff.
I own Character, Projector, Damage Done, and Haven.

Character=one of the best melodic death albums ever. Projector is awesome, too; I love the softer direction they went in with it. I seriously regret not getting into these guys sooner-they are tied with At The Gates for my favorite MDM band of all time.

Anyone know when the new album comes out?
Quote by xolax
DT is a great melo-death band. Projector or The Mind's Eye would have to be my favorites. DT is much better than In Flames IMo, because IF was always inconsistent and have turned to **** nowadays.

Truth.

In my opinion DT are what In Flames initially tried to be.
i like all of dts stuff i didnt like the projector to much but thats only my opinion. i thought in flames old stuff blew alot of dts stuff away. in my opinion in flames is better but dark tranquillity is alot more true to the genre.
Who prefers Dark Tranquillity 2.0 over 1.0? (2.0 is what i call the later, more industrial albums, 1.0 the more neoclassical gothenburg sound)

i prefer the new stuff, Character and Damage Done own so hard.
Youtube covers

the fact that they tuned down an extra step from Eb makes the newer stuff much more heavy.
Youtube covers

Quote by Night_Lights
Who prefers Dark Tranquillity 2.0 over 1.0? (2.0 is what i call the later, more industrial albums, 1.0 the more neoclassical gothenburg sound)

i prefer the new stuff, Character and Damage Done own so hard.

I haven't heard much of the straight-up gothenburg stuff, but I love Haven, Damage Done, and Character.
I like 'em both. The Gallery and Mind's I are just great for melo death technicals, as I said before, but the newer stuff is more emotionally powerful in my opinion.
The later stuff definitely sounds more aggressive and dark, which I prefer way more.
I'm going to see them in Perth, (Australia) on Friday the 15th!!!

I've been hanging out to see them for AGES!!!!

Gear List;

Laney VH100R with Matching Cab
Ibanez RGT42FM
Schecter C-1+
BC Rich Neck Thru Warlock
ISP Noise Decimator
Ibanez TS9
i wish i could go see them...but no1 comes to davenport except 4 friggin nickelback...metallica came once and that show wasnt all that great.
I own three of their albums :
Damage Done
Of Chaos And Eternal Night
Skydancer

I bought of chaos ... First cause I liked the Cover art and I also liked the band so ... I'm trying to own them all .

Damage done is the best in my opinion.

Cheers.
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
I love Dark Tranquillity. One of my favorites and best influences in my music.

I have;

Exposures; In Retrospect and Denial (my favorite)
The Minds I
Character