ive been back and forth between deciding on one, so can some one recomend me a nice mixer or computer interface that:

has good enough quality for recording profesonial cds

has enough inputs for recording a 5-7 peice band

preffarably dosent cost too much

can plug into any type of computer

thanks
~gtrfrk

founder of the dunlop pick fan club

RIP Roger "Syd" Barrett

"Let the good times roll"
firepod.
or
delta 1010+mixer

Adam
Quote by ollie_12318
my grandma is dying and my mum wants me to play something on bass for her, any body got any suggestions?!

Quote by splinter26
another one bites the dust has a pretty cool bass line
again i tell you,get an interface...you won't be able to record your drummer properly without buying many microphones & a good outboard mic pre-amp,unless you shell out big bucks for a high end mixer,in which case you'll still need about 5-6 microphones

i suggest you just use something like drumkits from hell for your songs in the meantime
bands on a budget can't be picky
i meant give me the name of one, not should i get an interface or mixer. i'll probally get the firepod, it looks like it suits my needs pretty good. and also, should i mic guitars? cause everytime i see someone in a studio , it looks to me like they're micing electric guitars, but would it sound better if i just pluged em in to the interface?
~gtrfrk

RIP Roger "Syd" Barrett

i prefer to mic my amp when im at home where i have my nice amp. here at school, i dont feel its worth it to mic my practice amp. so it really depends on what you are doing and what you think sounds best. if you have a good amp that you like, i would mic it. if you dont have a good amp, it might be worth it to go line in so you can do more to the clean signal if you have some good software.

to sum it up: mic if you have nice amp, DI if you dont but have good software.
Micing always sounds way better IMO.

A Firepod is like 600 bucks...I think you mean Firebox.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
no i mean firepod, firebox dosen't have enough inputs for my needs, im probally gonna need to record rather a lot at once. also, would it work to maybe get another cheap interface to plug into the firepod so i could have a couple more inputs?
~gtrfrk

RIP Roger "Syd" Barrett

looks like you're dead set on recording your whole band at once...in that case get a good mixer,with at least a 3 BUS mixer
the more the better. i don't really wanna recomend one but i find that my behringer sounds better than my alesis,which cost a buttload more

the firepod would work also,i don't think you're gonna need more inputs...just how many people are in this band?? here's a diagram showing a recording set up

i don't think you need more than that
thanks for the help everybody, especially the most recent post. the only reason i thouhgt i might need more inputs was because i thought i was gonna plug guitars into the line input , but it from what everyone's been sayin, it would sound better if i miced em, and also i would like to record a couple of local bands, so it wouldn't hurt to have more than nessasary, but nevermind now, i think i got all my gear set
~gtrfrk

RIP Roger "Syd" Barrett