Hey,

I've been having trouble playing electric guitar standing up. So, I shortened the strap. Is this about the right height?

PS - Just got this new guitar. Whatd'ya think?
Attachments:
guitar.JPG
It's a personal preference, no one can tell you what's right
Quote by spazzymagee417
i would pay more for a midget corpse than an average size corpse
Just wear it wherever is most comfortable for you.
Quote by Gaz_m2k5
Now when people say "Congratulations, I heard you just had a baby" you can say "Thanks! It was delicious."

/#1 reason for having a kid.

PSN: YosemiteSam13
Whatever's comfortable should be the right height for you.
My rig:
Brian Moore i21 w/emg 81 and 85 installed
Peavey XXX Head
Marshall 1960A Cabinet

Pedalboard:
Ernie Ball VP JR VP
Line6 DL4
Boss DD3
Boss TU2
MXR Smart Gate
MXR Phase 90
No, I dont think there's a specific height, It's what feels best? i also have trouble playing standing up but ive read its just whats comfortable, but DO NOT have it down to your knees! haha I find it looks retarded and is hard to solo.
That's fine for all intents and purposes, but you might want to drop it a little lower. It looks kinda dorky, no offense.

BTW, that is a nice looking guitar!
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
As everyone else has said, w/e feels comfortable but your probably having trouble because your hand takes on a whole new position when you stand up. If you want to work on that position even when your sitting down, instead of resting the guitar on your right knee, change it to your left knee. I forget who used this position but its also sweet for playing classical. I think it may have been Micheal Angelo but i cant say for sure...
whatevers comfortable. i never had lessons so im STILL changing the way i hold it now, 3 years down the line. it differs, just adjust accoridngly. i find a nice mid-point, where its loose but still easy to play is best. but maybe whilst youre starting higher is easier, and then you can change it and make it lower when you get more comfortable. entirely down to you.
That looks a little high to me but whatevers comfortable, btw it takes a bit of practice to get used to anyway.
doesnt matter....whatevers comforable....i like it higher and its 'spose to be better for your posture....your good how your are if thats comforable
www.myspace.com/hijackedtheband
Like everyone else said, whatever's comfortable.

And shouldn't you know things like this if you're spending $2200 on a Gibson LP Standard?
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
meh i dont care what everyone says...it looks too high, i mean it aint suppose to be a necklace.... you can at least lower it a bit more and have it still be comfortable....and ya is a gibson les pauls standard your first guitar or something cause id just figure you'd know stuff like that if you've played long enough to be buyin a guitar like that

ok i may have exagerated a bit but you get the point
im in love with your guitar, i want it now
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
There really is no correct height. It's all personal preference.
- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

Hmm..I recommend just sending me the guitar...that should solve all problems in life...
My Gear:
Agile AL-3000 Prestige
Custom Made Electric
Oscar Shmidt OE-30 w/ Bigsby
Ibanez V70cent Electric Acoustic
Carlo Robelli CW4110 Acoustic

Mesa/Boogie F-50 Combo
Boss DD-3
Boss PH-3
That guitar is very nice man.

But really, its up to you. Angus Young has his guitar at his nipples, and no one makes fun of him. Most people have it lower than what you have right there, but if it feels better right there and you can play better there, keep it there.
Quote by deluxity
that sucks, you own a gibson and i just have a hohner

i just own a hohner too
most of my friends thought they only made hohner harmonicas
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools
too high for me, and i'm not one to play very low
I'm not racist.

I hate everyone the same.