Page 1 of 2
what are some of the best bands who use pig squeels *squeals whatever*, and also who was the first band to begin integrating the pig squeal, i think it was despised icon but idk
you're not fucking hardcore, you're not fucking punk
you're not fucking good, face it you're a metal band
-Anal_Cu_nt
the only band i knew of that did that is job for a cowboy. a bit popular but you may like them as they do it frequently
no he means the *ree ree* noises the vocalists do. personally, i think they are one of the gayest thing heavy bands can possibly do, but some good bands that do them are circle of dead children, and misericordiam. thats all i can think of for know.
Quote by nine01n
the only band i knew of that did that is job for a cowboy. a bit popular but you may like them as they do it frequently

yes ive known of them for some time now, i thot i knew pretty much most bands, but i was wondering if their were any others i dont know
you're not fucking hardcore, you're not fucking punk
you're not fucking good, face it you're a metal band
-Anal_Cu_nt
I think Ovum Lycanthropy has a pig squeel in one of their songs...and its from an actual pig...if thats what you're talking about.
Quote by madbasslover
you've just received the first official Madbasslover's Seal of Asskickery.

Cas Appreciator #4. PM Skeptopotamus to Appreciate.

Private Donut of the Red VS Blue Club. pm fret13 to join
****ING HATE PIGSQUEALS. oh my ****ing god why would someone actually think that sounds good? I mean really...Despised Icon ****ing ruined the Morbid Angel concert. ****ing headache for hours.. ****..

rant over.
I truly am my own redeemer
Blindly I follow none but myself
Without fear I am
Unhallowed be my name

Myself am hell and hell I shall unleash
I laugh at Thee to scorn
Mock Thy majesty
Pour forth my chalice ov victory
Pig squeals? They ****ing suck.

Member #1,267,859 of the I'd die for Dethklok club. PM Vigilantius to join.

Infanterist of the First Reich of the Grammar Nazis.

Quote by MusicMan00
I noticed the avatar before I read what you said. Then I read it. Then I laughed.
.........whoever introduced the pig squeels......

...failed at life.

EDIT: Remember kids-Not all extreme metal vocals are created equally.
Last edited by totenkopf at Sep 8, 2006,
I think Circle of Dead Children

their track 'Mother Pig' has those squeals i think
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his
Yeah, I'm not a big fan of this vocal style. I think it's okay if it's used periodically, but if it's used as frequently as a growl or something, hell no; it's just annoying then.
I use them sometimes. Zakk Wylde ****ing murdered them, he bitchered so many Sabbath and Ozzy songs at Ozzfest by doind a pinch every other note.

I do like that one pinch in Slaves Shall Serve from Behemoth. It's cool as **** and reall low toned. Anyone know anything about that?
Quote by distilledspirit
I use them sometimes. Zakk Wylde ****ing murdered them, he bitchered so many Sabbath and Ozzy songs at Ozzfest by doind a pinch every other note.

I do like that one pinch in Slaves Shall Serve from Behemoth. It's cool as **** and reall low toned. Anyone know anything about that?

Dude, we're talking about "pig squeels", the vocal style. Not pinch harmonics.

LOL
roar
You guys don't like them? I think they sound pretty cool. Both Aborted and Circle of Dead Children, as well as Prostitute Disfigurement have killer vocals.
لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله
I don't really mind them.

I actually enjoy Circle of Dead Children and Prostitute Disfigurement.
roar
i prefer 'frog' vocals
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
Liturgy, dude!
Quote by bangoodcharlote
^Owned.

I suggest not screwing with the UGer with the best name on the site.

Quote by Albino_Rhino
I don't see how prostitution is going to help out your string buzz...
I love them....dont know why

myspace.com/wakingthecadaver

myspace.com/dimthelights

Ive played shows with both bands, both REALLY good. Dim the Lights is technically better, but waking the cadaver is just...cool
i love them. i can do them myself actually. circle of dead children are my favorite who do them. and job for a cowboy, but we'll keep it metal.
¤¤¤¤¤ ۩ ۝РЄŦĤ ۩ ¤¤¤¤¤
۩ ВŁĄÇĶŴĄŦЄŖ РĄŖĶ ۩

Quote by deadskinmask
I think you should listen to Bodom_Shredder7.

Quote by xolax
Listen to Bodom_Shredder, he knows what hes talking about

Quote by Alucard II
Bodom Shredder was right

SevenLastWordsOfChrist
Love em. But not when they're used excessively. It just gets annoying then. Ive Been Shot, Knights of the Abyss, Circle of Dead Children.
Last edited by BR00TAL at Sep 9, 2006,
Quote by saxaxe
I love them....dont know why

myspace.com/wakingthecadaver

myspace.com/dimthelights

Ive played shows with both bands, both REALLY good. Dim the Lights is technically better, but waking the cadaver is just...cool

waking the cadaver kicks ass!
What the hell are pig squeels?

Is it done vocally or with a guitar?
Quote by tronsbasscool
This is my 5th account and I still havn't made any friends

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~
It's been explained in this thread multiple times. Vocals.
I truly am my own redeemer
Blindly I follow none but myself
Without fear I am
Unhallowed be my name

Myself am hell and hell I shall unleash
I laugh at Thee to scorn
Mock Thy majesty
Pour forth my chalice ov victory
Quote by Sun King
It's been explained in this thread multiple times. Vocals.

lol sunking youre just pissed about this thread.
¤¤¤¤¤ ۩ ۝РЄŦĤ ۩ ¤¤¤¤¤
۩ ВŁĄÇĶŴĄŦЄŖ РĄŖĶ ۩

Quote by deadskinmask
I think you should listen to Bodom_Shredder7.

Quote by xolax
Listen to Bodom_Shredder, he knows what hes talking about

Quote by Alucard II
Bodom Shredder was right

SevenLastWordsOfChrist
Quote by DBS_KICKS_ASS
waking the cadaver kicks ass!

I can't stand those guys. They sound like a weaker version of Job For A Cowboy (who aren't that great either). Besides, deathcore bands (like JFAC and WtC) go in the hardcore forum.

Pig squeals are extremely annoying to me. It might be because I don't like grindcore.
Job For A Cowboy are decent..I like Knee Deep and Entombment of A Machine..in which the latter does feature said pig squeels..after the little intro into the verse. Deathcore though..Death Metal with Hardcore influences..I always thought JFAC were Grind..
Quote by Bodom_Shredder7
i hate you mer der. i hope you get a boner and accidently fall on it.

Quote by rocknrollstar
Excuse my stupidity , but what is a urethra ?

Im guessing anus.
Go bo! I can honestly agree with that. Same with Metalcore. But if Deathcore is still Death Metal, then wouldn't Metalcore still be Metal?
Quote by Bodom_Shredder7
i hate you mer der. i hope you get a boner and accidently fall on it.

Quote by rocknrollstar
Excuse my stupidity , but what is a urethra ?

Im guessing anus.
^Some bands that supposedly play metalcore I would consider metal, like Lamb of God and Shadows Fall....and TBDM, if there are retards who still consider them metalcore. But let's not get this thread closed with an arguement.
Quote by mer_der_noms
Go bo! I can honestly agree with that. Same with Metalcore. But if Deathcore is still Death Metal, then wouldn't Metalcore still be Metal?

Metalcore is predominately based around hardcore though. The difference is that I don't see deathcore as a genre with any instantly noticeable sound, whereas metalcore is a well recognised sound
Page 1 of 2