My GF gave me this split today and I must say, it's the best CD I bought this year! I've only listened to the Akron/Family part so far but it's SOOOO good! Moment is one of the best songs i've ever heard, so beautifull.

anyone heard these guys?

*waits for andrewbilles to pop in the thread*
the heart is a risky fuel to burn
Akron/Family are great, hadn't heard of them releasing this, definitely worth looking into though. The self-titled they released last year was top notch and the stuff they contributed to that 'Rogues Gallery' compilation was decent, although thats just an odd couple of discs anyway.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
this is the very first thing i've heard from them and it's really top notch! Angels of light are pretty good too but didn't hook me up like Akron did
ahahahah, no need to suck up!

i'll send it when i catch you online
I just got their ST and it's amazing... I recomend it to animal collective fans
Yeah, I also recently discovered it and love it.
Moment, Future Myth, and Dylan Part 2 are my favorite songs on it.
bringing this thread up to anounce that they have released a new album called meek warrior.

Still have to order it.
I finally have the album, if anyone cares.

This cd is really great, goes into different types of sound, from tribal percurssion to rockin riffs and finally to disconstructive jazz... all in the first track.

It's a very intense with lots of vocal harmonys followed by soft folk guitars.

too bad it only has 7 tracks