Ok so anyways i posted a long ass thread in electric guitar and probly shouldve just split the 2, I just bought an rg321 in grey nickel and im really happy with it...and I wanna put emgs in it but I obviously should concentrate towards a tube amp first, preferably a combo..

Right now im stuck using a spider II (horrible horrible)...so anyways its barely used and ill be able to get 100 canadian for it..plus im gunna sell other stuff and save a bit, does anyone have a TUBE amp recommendation for say 6 or 700 canadian? I play mostly Trivium, Amon Amarth, kse, so medium to higher gain stuff...?

Should I get something like a blues junior and put a pedal in front of it, or look for used xxx off ebay, or?? i dont know I just want a tube amp to help my tone
Maybe look for a use Peavey JSX? Very Versatile amp.
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way
I heard kranks sound kinda solid stateish for what u pay, any other suggestions?
Quote by gurg06
try testing the new krank revolution combo. its all about tone!!

Bad, bad! A 5150 could be good for ya, the JSX is good, but I haven't seen too many combo versions on Ebay lately (not sure why).
As I see the ignorance of humanity engulfing reason and sanity like a wave of perpetual defeat and misery I ask myself, when the hell is everyone going to shut up and actually think?
^^Probably because people don't want to sell them, so sweet sounding.
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way
Quote by greendayguitar
^^Probably because people don't want to sell them, so sweet sounding.

tru dat. But seriously go and try out a Peavey 5150/6505 combo (same amp, different name). Great metal amp if you can't find a used JSX combo.
As I see the ignorance of humanity engulfing reason and sanity like a wave of perpetual defeat and misery I ask myself, when the hell is everyone going to shut up and actually think?
If you want trivium's tone i suggest saving up and buying a Marshall JCM 2000 DSL Half-Stack. Those are sick as ****. The tone is fukin awesome. If you really really want it right away then buy a dsl combo. maybe buyin a maxon 808 too to give the combo some more edge.
Rig

Electra poser Les Paul Fitted with EMGs
MT-2 Metal Zone (Gave away to a friend)
Peavey Bandit 65 SS Combo Amp (Gave away to a friend)
Peavey 5150 212 Combo Amp
Peavey XXX
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
save up and get a Framus Cobra stack it'll cost u around 5,000 american but its worth it
XBLive Gamertag: ecdeluxe1000 send me friend requests (make sure u put UG in the message somewhere)
Quote by malmsteenkid
save up and get a Framus Cobra stack it'll cost u around 5,000 american but its worth it

if you are joking, hahaha, if not
1st No it wont
2nd Why do you need a full stack when he wants a combo
3rd WAY out of price range
yeah, you can get them much much cheaper than that. Framus dealers are like Mesa, in that you have to contact them and they will give you a better price than they can list. Still no where near his pricerange though.

a used 5150/6505 combo, xxx, or a used JCM800/900 combo would be worth looking at, depending what you can find used and can actually try out. You're right at the pricepoint of some really good used gear, but it would be beneificial if you could save the extra $100-150 just to have some leeway in case you found a deal. The JSX sounds good, but I don't know much about the combo price. Laney makes the VH and GH series which I've been told do metal well. Traynor makes the YCV50 and 80 which are also worth checking out. I've been told they will do metal with an OD pedal, but I've never heard one in person. If you could find a used Genz Benz El Diablo, Crunchmeister has one, and from the clips he has, it sounds great. It might be out of your pricerange though, I'm not sure on used prices. Maybe also have a look at the Mesa Boogie F series or Nomads. You're going to have to go used at that pricerange for the best amps, but you can get some great equipment if you get lucky.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
If you want to get a Marshall for cheap, find yourself an old Traynor YBA-1 Custom Special

100 or 120 watts and they're only about $400-500 Canadian. Basically getting a Plexi for a fraction of the cost

If you want new, try out a YCV50, they used EL84's so you'll probably get a more "british" tone then with the YCV40 or 80
get a used Peavey 5150/6505, the guys from Amon Amarth uses them so that should be perfect for u
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

5150/6505 would be the best, but a JSX (if you could find one in your budget) would be just as sweet, with maybe a distortion or OD pedal.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!