I'm very sorry if this a common thread here in the bass forum...I searched and couldn't find anything like this.

Anyways, I've been playing bass for a year now (taking lessons and what not) and I play a lot of stuff from bands with great bass lines, but no one really recognizes them. Not because I play bad, but probably because the bass lines aren't significant enough to really make the song...or whatever. So I decided to start a list of bass lines that make people go "Hey I've heard that!". Here is what I have so far...

Schism - Tool
46 and 2 - Tool
The Joker - Steve Miller
Under Pressure - David Bowie
Another One Bites the Dust - Queen
NIB - Black Sabbith
Seven Nation Army - White Stripes
Longview - Green Day
Warning - Green Day
Crazy Train - Ozzy Osbourne
Come As You Are - Nirvana
Smoke on the Water - Deep Purple
Are You Gonna Be My Girl - Jet
Sunshine of Your Love - Cream
Money - Pink Floyd

Help me add to it? Thanks.
Quote by aluminum.maiden
you are a BEAST Crovox
Quote by UndeadPaperclip
I think I've gained so many gay points reading the past 3 pages of this thread that if I gave another man a blowjob I'd actually lose some.
Member #23 of the official Alkaline Trio Fan Club. PM greenfinger182 to join.
Last edited by Crovox at Sep 8, 2006,
crazy train=not black sabbath
Now officially has too much gear to list

PM me if you want to know about my recording setup
I love how quickly I got responses on this forum.

And yes Crazy is not Black Sabbith my bad.
Quote by aluminum.maiden
you are a BEAST Crovox
Quote by UndeadPaperclip
I think I've gained so many gay points reading the past 3 pages of this thread that if I gave another man a blowjob I'd actually lose some.
try some red hot chili peppers bro..... guranteed that will leave you stressed out
Indeed RHCP has amazing bass lines and I can play a lot of them, I'm just looking for very common and well known bass lines.
Quote by aluminum.maiden
you are a BEAST Crovox
Quote by UndeadPaperclip