http://www.zzounds.com/item--IBARG350DX
I was thinking about getting that. I play mostly shred,neoclassical,all metal, and classical. Do you guys think it will be a good guitar? I read the reviews and most people say that the only problem is the tremolo bar. If anybody knows anything about whats so bad about the bar pleast tell me.
Quote by sicformyage

me:you like acdc
them:yea i do
me:cool, whats your favorite song,other than back in black
them:i gotta go...

Quote by jordanzio
i love hilary duff and will eventually marry her... she does not know this currently...

I have one and i love it. It is probably one of the best guitars in the price range. The tremelo bar works fine if you adjust it properly. The only downfall is the stock pickups as they are decent but nothing special. That may not be a problem because i think Ibanez is putting better pickups in the newer versions(mine is 3-4 years old).
Thanks a lot. How should I adjust the tremolo? I've never had a guitar with a tremolo so I don't know much about setting them up except for just screwing them in.
Quote by sicformyage

Quote by jordanzio
i love hilary duff and will eventually marry her... she does not know this currently...

"List of good double-locking tremolos: Original Floyd Rose (OFR), Floyd Rose Pro, Floyd Rose Speedloader, Schaller, Gotoh, Kahler or Ibanez Edge (NOT Edge III), Ibanez Lo-Pro Edge, Ibanez Edge Pro (NOT Edge Pro II), or Ibanez ZR, and a lot of expensive guitar brands? own brand of trem (e.g. Vigier)."
There's my answer
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
http://www.zzounds.com/item--IBARG350MDX
How about this one? The bridge is different(Edge pro 3) will that make a difference? Is it a better tremolo system?
Quote by sicformyage

Quote by jordanzio

dont forget Double Edge Pro, it has a piezo
Quote by Righteous
Is that Chuck Norris in your avator? I never thought of him as a shredder really... a shredder of bodies maybe.

Member: "I died a little inside when Steve Irwin died...RIP" club. Put in your sig to join

Self Proclaimed Master of Typos
Quote by scott5150
http://www.zzounds.com/item--IBARG350MDX
How about this one? The bridge is different(Edge pro 3) will that make a difference? Is it a better tremolo system?

Its made from inferior material compared to an Edge Pro or other reliable trems out there. If you set it up properly and use 9s-hybrid strings, then it will survive quite long, if you dont properly set it up, you're gonna risk ruining it which a lot of ppl did. Im not gonna say dont abuse it, trems are meant to be abused, thats the reason they're there for in the 1st place.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
The strings that I'm using right now are .10s and I have quite a few packs of those so would I still be able to get a good sound out of the trem with those strings or would they make it worse?

Also in the reviews they say that you can snap the string if you pull the bar back. would that just pull the strings or really snap them?
Quote by sicformyage

Quote by jordanzio

Good sound, definetely. Make it worst?, yeah probably. I've tried fittin 10s on lower Ibanez trem and tell you what, it makes it stiffer (but i dont mind). The thing that i mind most is that the stability of the trem, even on 9s, the knife edges are showing a little wear and im not going to use 10s as in near future it will make it dent more. If you wanna try it go ahead, but eventually you'd need to upgrade it.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
How long might the bridge last with .10s? I can get different string if necessary.
Quote by sicformyage

Quote by jordanzio

I cant give you an exact date or time, it depends on how you set it up too. Give or take it'll last minimum about 6 months, maximum who knows. I've used 9s and hybrid strings and the arm isnt as stiff and the risk of the knife edges of wearing off is lower. But if you still insist on 10s, then go ahead and try one yourself, see whether it'll hold.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Thanks for helping me out so much. I'll probably go ahead and check out some .9s then since they'll be better.

Are there any websites that sell just the tremolo systems so I can upgrade without getting a new guitar. Also are the pickups any good on the Rg350dx or should I change them?
Quote by sicformyage

Quote by jordanzio

Last edited by scott5150 at Sep 9, 2006,