I've really been set on getting a B-52 AT 212 for a while now, but today, while surfing mucisians friend, I stumbled across the Peavy ValveKing 212 combo. Which is better in everyone elses opinion. Pros, Cons?
well ive got a B-52 AT-212 and i love it, i can get great recto tone from it. ive never played the peavey though so i cant really say which is better, all i can do is recomend the B-52.
Quote by lp_dude_2
well ive got a B-52 AT-212 and i love it, i can get great recto tone from it. ive never played the peavey though so i cant really say which is better, all i can do is recomend the B-52.

I don't know what the hell kind of Recto you've been playing...
^ lmao

the b-52 AT amps do have a hint of that Recto sound...but not all that noticable, unless I didnt have it EQed right.

But anyways, the B-52 is best for heavier/modern stuff. And the ValveKing is suited best for classic rock/blues/jazz...anything with lighter distortion. IMO anyways...
ill admit, its nothing like a Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier, but it can get rectifier-like tone if EQed right. i never said it can mimic a mesa, im not that dumb.
I still don't know which to get. If I go Peavy I can get it now, if I go B-52 I wait till Christmas, but I don't mind waiting if thats the better deal.
if it were a 5150, I would say go for it, but I don't think you'll be as happy with a VK if you are a metalhead.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Well I just ordered a Peavey Valeking 212 it should be coming this week so ill keep you posted on how that sounds. I really wanted a B-52 AT 212 but it was $200 more so i had to settle for the valveking. Go play one at guitar center and see which one you like, its all about preference.
My Gear:
Schecter C1 Hellraiser FR
B-52 AT-100 Half stack
Boss GT-10
Breedlove AD25SR Plus
Yamaha EG112C
Boss Mt-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Wd-7 wah
Dunlop Gator Grip 2.0, 1.5, 1.14