meaning the pentatonic box... i can't seem to get out of it, when improvising. whats some stuff to do to get into possible other scales or whatever else makes up a really cool improv solo.
One Percent
Check out diatonic modes and arpeggios
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
When you cant get out of it, you'll tend to solo in blues a LOT or do very slow, boring or repetitive solo. What i'd suggest you to do is, learn octaves, relative keys/relative scales, how to incorporate sweeps/arpeggios/taps, changing the mood of the song (as in speed). You could do a whole lot of stuff to spice up your solo, not to mention if you have a trem, it'd be more variety.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Quote by madpickin03
When you cant get out of it, you'll tend to solo in blues a LOT or do very slow, boring or repetitive solo. What i'd suggest you to do is, learn octaves, relative keys/relative scales, how to incorporate sweeps/arpeggios/taps, changing the mood of the song (as in speed). You could do a whole lot of stuff to spice up your solo, not to mention if you have a trem, it'd be more variety.

thats pretty much my problem but im working on it.
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
-Jimi Hendrix
well u can go outside the box for example: 12 bar blues do the rythem first and then move on to your solo and then move off from the key of A to something eles, modulate it. but if your jamming with a backing track then u cant really go outside the box
well can you play all the boxes of the pentatonic? can move through each well? if not try using the rest of the boxes more so you dont get stuck in one box. plus what i did was i just fiddled arund with the pentatonic and used a bunch of notes that are not in the pentatonic. there are a lot of notes you can use as a passing note and if you can play them quickly no one will really notice or care that some notes are not in the pentatonic. i get most of my passing notes from combining the blues scale, the aeolian, dorian, and some borrowed notes from maybe the major scale if im in a minor. you just gotta mess around with it to find what sounds good and know when to use it.