Im a begginer, and im was wondering which guitar I should choose:

The ERG 121C Here

Or the Robson Electric Guitar Here

Note: I can't buy new amps, pedals, etc, just the amps that comes with those.

So which one should I buy?
It would be wiser to buy a guitar and an amp that aren't in a package. You won't spend much more, and you'll get a better guitar and a MUCH better amp.

What kind of music do you want to play?
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Instead of looking at guitars online, it's easier to go to a music store and ask them what would be best.
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
Instead of looking at guitars online, it's easier to go to a music store and ask them what would be best.

Doing that gets you nowhere. You have to at least have some kind of idea of what guitars are good and bad, or else you end up with a Squier Bullet or an Epi LP Special II.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
If you can find an Ibanez GRX40 just the guitar and not the whole thing, or a Yamaha Pacifica at least.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Quote by madpickin03
If you can find an Ibanez GRX40 just the guitar and not the whole thing, or a Yamaha Pacifica at least.

+1 on that statement. also ts how much are you looking at spending?
Yeah the yamaha pacifica kicks some serious ass

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/reviews/electric_guitars/yamaha/pacifica_112/index.html

it's got 2 singles and a humbucker which gives a good tonal range - it feels nice - and it's fairly cheap for it's quality

in short it will take you from begginner to intermediate without any trouble
The only 6 words that can make you a better guitarist:

Learn theory
Practice better
Practice more
Definately go to store. If there is a Guitar Center near you, you have to go there. Try to stay away from packages. Buy a nice Epiphone for a low price and Id recomend a small fender Frontman amp. They are cheap and small but are excellent for begginers.
ERG 121... great guitar for its price... you should try it
Last edited by I.Rock3 at Sep 9, 2006,
yeh can you try out either model at a guitar shop anywhere close near you cos that would also help your opinion
Quote by Zeynex
I can't buy anything else, Either the 121 or the Robson

Can't you? Why not?
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
I have the yamaha pacifica and for a beginner it's really good... but why can't you buy nethin else???
dont go for a squier package!!! im not a beginner and i dont have much money left i might buy one myself
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
although a squier would make an alrightish beginner guitar
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
i have no expierence with those two guitars, but amps with packages suck...it's basically a gimimc and you will not get good sounds at all

for an amp go for a vox or roland cube or even a spider2, anything with built in effects to give you some expierence with them, that's always nice to have.

and guitars, ehh yamaha pacifica, affinity series squiers, ibanez grx40 (not the pack just the guitar), epi SG that's 200 bucks american, all are pretty solid guitars for beginners that are very cheap.
packs really are rip offs too, i got one because i wasn't a uger....and i had to replace the cable, tuner, pics, strap all within 2 weeks after i got my Ibanez IJS40 pack. i dont regret getting it because i adore and love the guitar, but the amp does blow without my Zoom G2.1 punching all the effects and distortion into it tho, i cant even play it without the pedals infront of it because it sounds that bad, the distortion on all the pack amp's i've played are nothing but crap
Rather than the Cube15, its better to get a microcube as it has more curves to it.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
A Washburn WI14 is a good beginner guitar. I got mine for $200 Canadian. If you can't afford to get them seperatley then save up.