Ok personally, why do people think you have to dress a certain way and have a hawk to be "punk"? Cause personally i just wear and do whatever i feel like, when did punk have rules? I dont know if this is just my school or if anyone else has this bull**** going on...
Quote by TheAdict310
By any chance, are you typing with your wiener?
Amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
Its (probably) about fitting the image that the stereotype put forward. I would say that most people who look like this are putting on a show and don't feel very strongly about that music. In other words : being a fake and lying to themselves and everyone else.
To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour
It's been happening for years all over the place. People think that you can't be "punk" if you don't have tattoos, a mohawk, wear a Misfits t-shirt, or look like you stuck your face in a tackle box. I agree, punk is supposed to be about freedom and individuality. So the ones that are trying to set rules and trends are nothing more than posers.
My Main Gear:
ESP Eclipse II
Jackson RRT-5
Dean Michael Schenker Signature Yin Yang
ESP LTD EC-1000 Deluxe
Gibson 2016 Les Paul Traditional T
Marshall JVM 410H/1960V Cabinet
punk is whatever the **** you want it to be. thats why its punk. **** the posers and just do what you feel like.
ya, some are trying to gt attention and they suck but sum just want a mohawk, they like how it looks and get 1, and they can do whatever they want but most of te ppl i have seen with them are posers
Gear:
Hamer Californian
Ibanez RG470
Ibanez RG120
Ibanez V
Crate 15 watt
Marshall 50DFX
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone pedal
"Member of The Straight Edge Club. PM danzig-_- to join."
Obviously this isnt just happening in my school. I dont know, another thing. Anyone else get steretyped that if you are punk your automatically a drugy? Cause im straightedge...and that really pisses me off
Quote by TheAdict310
By any chance, are you typing with your wiener?
same here
Gear:
Hamer Californian
Ibanez RG470
Ibanez RG120
Ibanez V
Crate 15 watt
Marshall 50DFX
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone pedal
"Member of The Straight Edge Club. PM danzig-_- to join."
Quote by epidemic_horror
Ok personally, why do people think you have to dress a certain way and have a hawk to be "punk"? Cause personally i just wear and do whatever i feel like, when did punk have rules? I dont know if this is just my school or if anyone else has this bull**** going on...

You can read minds? Jelous.
To be honest, there are really no "punks" in my school, just crusties, who are really no fun, and are, in fact, all druggies. There are ska kids, they're more fun to hang out with, and some of the metalheads are cool. I personally listen to about 70% punk music, but almost no one guesses it by looking at me unless I'm wearing a punk band shirt. So yeah, around here at shows too, no one really judges you by what you wear, and everyone really just has a good time.
Quote by llanafreak44
i just waer band shirts and regular pants, but i want a mohawk, because they look cool =P

Same here, but i am going to have a mohawk soon my hair just needs to grow a little longer
Member of The Black Flaggots Club. Pm pinheadslts75 to join.
i will wear regular jeans and a band t... say leftover crack. ill get a guy in a mohawk ask me "whats ur shirt mean?" meanwhile the guy that dresses in a suit (or whatever) says "love the band"

ive come to learn (in most cases) that if someone is dressed all goofy with the mohawk, studs and, blah blah that they probably listen to fall out boy or the used.