Well, I'm in my highschool's intermediate band. My teacher let guitarists in because there were three of us. I would play bass, but bass clef isn't to clicky with me yet, so guitar I chose. There were 3 guitarists. One dropped. The other one "can't follow" with the sheet music and is going to drop the class as well. I don't want to drop, I'm learning more and more each day.

Okay anyway, back to the actualy topic that I haven't touched much yet. Is there anyway I can make guitar fit in better with the rest of the orchestra? I play everything an octave lower and don't turn it up to much to it doesn't pierce the sound and stand out too much. Any ideas? Is there a certain EQ that you think would work?

I know it won't completely fit in, but I don't want to ruin the sound just because of my guitar.

And as well, an orchestra experiences

Gracias, Salamat, Danke!
Guitar and Orchestra? I can't picture a marshall stack in an orchestra unless it's yngwie. But that sounds pretty cool. I've never been in an orchestra, but maybe I'll suggest turning bass way up and treble way down. This way, there will be little timbre of the picking of the strings, and should give you a violin like tone perhaps.
are the guitar parts hard though?
i think as long as you have a good amp, it will sound good and, it will also look cool.
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
-Jimi Hendrix
No they aren't, the only problem is a lot is in flat keys, and I haven't had much experience with them

And I'll try them EQ settings, thanks
I'd suggest dropping mids and playing low tone also. Mids cut and don't blend, generally. Also, guitar is already transposing an octave down, I wouldn't play it an octave lower most of the time. That said, double one of the other string lines at the octave, probably either the contrabass or the violin; you'll reinforce either nicely. If you want to hide more than that, take an inner line with the viola.

Also, ask the conducter/director how he wants to use you... I can think of a ****ton of tricks I'd do with an E guitar and a full orchestra, and if he's creative he'll come up with a few of his own.
Quote by les_kris
Corwinoid is God
I'm not even God-like... I've officially usurped the Almighty's throne.
Click here to worship me.

Member #3 of the Corwinoid Fan Club
what kind of pieces do they have you play? there's not a lot of music written for guitar and orchestra...
"You are amazed that it is so easy to infect men with the war fever, and you surmise that man has in him an active instinct for hatred and destruction... I entirely agree with you."

--Sigmund Freud in a letter to Albert Einstein

What about classical guitar? I have heard of classical guitars being played with orchestras
~Long live the 6-string~
If anything he will most likely give you the parts for piano if there aren't any guitar parts. You'll also be playing mostly rhythm--no room in an orchestra for a wailing overdriven lead guitar :p
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
It's clean lol, and I don't know if I mentioned this, but the oboe players dropped so I have to play the oboe parts.
What tone are you using?..try not to use a pick..a pick gives a hard attack...and do you have strings in there? ( in the band)
I've been using a pick, so maybe that's why it sounds aggressive. It sounded ,uch better when I forgot one anyway :P

And no strings I believe.

Trumpets and brass
Flutes+Clarinets
Horns
percussion ...

Nope lol
What kind of guitar are you using?
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Quote by Dan Steinman
what kind of pieces do they have you play? there's not a lot of music written for guitar and orchestra...

There's a fair amount of classical guitar with orchestras (last years proms in the UK for starters, amazing stuff... definately worth seeing even if you play shred and metal just for the technique and the way the lead and the orchestral backing is balanced.)

**Music nerd coming through**

I'd love to see more of the classical stuff played on electric guitars, it's bloody impressive if you can pull it off, and looks amazing if nothing else...
Grant me the power to change what I can.
Grant me the serenity to accept what I cannot change.
Grant me the wisdom to tell the difference.

"I had a hat once.
It was a very fine hat..."
An electric acoustic will work fine, just plug it into the amp you have now. If you can't get one, put a mic near yourself and an acoustic guitar.