Over the past few years ive been a bit unimpressed with new music and the future of rock. Recently, however ive been listening to a lot of new bands (Audioslave, Jet QOTSA, Foo Fighters, Wolfmother, Panic Channel)that lead me to believe that rock still has a bright future and may be returning to form. What do you think about the present/future of rock?

Oh and by the way has anyone watched that Foo Fighters concert that theyve been showing on direct tv channel 334? GREAT show
I'm a rockstar without the skills, fame, or income.

Washington Redskins
The Foo Fighters Concert Was Great When They Had Lemmy Come And Sing "shake Your Blood" The Rock Scene Now Is ****, The Metal Scene Is ****, And The Punk Scene Is ****. I Wish Bands Would Get Back To The Basics.
Crazed Metal Guitarist/Vocalist

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
When you have classic bands like Iron Maiden and Motorhead still releasing albums, of course it's not dead. It's just that the so called "rock" of today is ****. It's all about $$$, not music.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
I would have to agree. I just wished rock was more recognized and respected. I was listening to some Metal before a football game and alot of the kids were like, man that stuff sucks, all you have to do scream. I tried to say to them that they were wrong. What about playing guitar, drums, and base. Unlike rap, you have to be talented in more than one aspect of music (no offense to anyone who raps or likes rap). Anyways, Rock is the shiit and always will be.

My bands that I think rock hard are: Audioslave, Breaking Benjamin, Chevelle, Foo Fighters, Incubus, Lostprophets, Muse, and Red Hot Chili Peppers
Quote by Stop Messin'
When you have classic bands like Iron Maiden and Motorhead still releasing albums, of course it's not dead. It's just that the so called "rock" of today is ****. It's all about $$$, not music.

Thats just an opinion. It's not all about money, if it were about money, they wouldn't put anytime into it. Audioslave for instance made Revelations because they loved being a band and making music together. If it were money for them, they would have already started touring for Revelations
Try Muse! One of the most impressive bands I've heard in a while. You can hear fragments of lots of sounds in their stuff (including some not so good modern stuff, but they make it GOOD). I know not everyone appreciates them, but I would highly recommened trying them out.

For the future, I don't see much change. Crappy pop-rock will ALWAYS be more praised than talented musicians and songwritters with originality, but there will also be those little bands that don't get enough credit, like the ones you mentioned.

(Off-topic: Where are you in Cape Coral? My Aunt and Uncle have a house down there and I vacation down there from time to time)
Quote by MyNameBeMikal
Try Muse! One of the most impressive bands I've heard in a while. You can hear fragments of lots of sounds in their stuff (including some not so good modern stuff, but they make it GOOD). I know not everyone appreciates them, but I would highly recommened trying them out.

MUSE FTW!! haha. they are the saviors of music in general
Quote by MyNameBeMikal

For the future, I don't see much change. Crappy pop-rock will ALWAYS be more praised than talented musicians and songwritters with originality, but there will also be those little bands that don't get enough credit, like the ones you mentioned.

(Off-topic: Where are you in Cape Coral? My Aunt and Uncle have a house down there and I vacation down there from time to time)
SE Cape, near the golf course they just closed down off ****ry Club blvd.
I'm a rockstar without the skills, fame, or income.

Washington Redskins