hey yall, i want to put a EMG 81/60 set in my Ibanez SZ320 but ive got a few questions.

1. is there enough room in the control cavity to fit the battery?

2. i heard you can run each pup with its own battery, meaning have two batteries, is that true?

3. if so, is it worth it or should i just stick to one battery for both?
Quote by lp_dude_2
hey yall, i want to put a EMG 81/60 set in my Ibanez SZ320 but ive got a few questions.

1. is there enough room in the control cavity to fit the battery?

2. i heard you can run each pup with its own battery, meaning have two batteries, is that true?

3. if so, is it worth it or should i just stick to one battery for both?

1. Yep

2. You can put two batteries in series (giving it 18v of juice) to sharpen up your tone - this gives EMG almost hi-fi clarity (not to confuse with clean tone) and imho boosts sensitivity. If you want to do that, just solder in another battery clip next to an existing one. I tried, didn't like it much. Although, both batteries should fit alright.

Running each one from its own separate battery will simply double the battery life.

3. See above.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!