I've been playing for about 3-4 years but lately I'm starting to get into groove metal and shredding in the likes of pantera, white zombie, sepultra, vai, etc. But my fender strat is not cutting it anymore: lack of sustain, pickups, tremolo, etc. SO now I have enough cash ($1800) and I want to buy a decent guitar that will be top notch for shredding, because that's what I wan to start playing. I want to know from people that own or have played these guitars if they would suit my style and how were they for you in terms of feel (action,speed, etc) and sound. And which one you would choose for shredding. I have a peavey 5150 with marshall 1960A. I appreciate any help.

ESP M2 neck-thru w/emg and ofr
Jackson SL-1 soloist neck-thru w/sd's and ofr
ESP ftw man. High end ESPs like that one are very nice products. They own a lot of the other competition in it's class. Although you might get an ESP with Seymours for that style of music though...
- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

Quote by flyingjew34
ESP ftw man. High end ESPs like that one are very nice products. They own a lot of the other competition in it's class. Although you might get an ESP with Seymours for that style of music though...

+1
As I see the ignorance of humanity engulfing reason and sanity like a wave of perpetual defeat and misery I ask myself, when the hell is everyone going to shut up and actually think?
i wouold say those are both even with sound, sustain and playability and everything. so itsd really all your preference. pickups can always be changed.
which pickup choice were you thinking about? was it the SDs or the EMG's? for your music choice i recommend stick with the SDs then sell them and buy new pickups or save for them the sell the SDs