So I was just in the Uw madison dorms, watching the band Maritime play. It was going to be held at a different outdoor venue but it got rained out. So one of my friends invited them to play in the dorms. The show was in this little room and it was free. One of the coolest things ever.

The reason why Maritime is so important is that its made up of two memebers of the band the promise ring. The drummer and the singer. The singer is Davey (sp?). The promise ring is one of the more important bands to come out of the midwest, and populierized the early 90's post emo/ pre indie music scene. One of the coolest shows I've seen in a while. I got this close *strechs out arms* to davey.
Maritime are really good. I like them alot, they have some songs that are just pleasant to listen to. The Promise Ring were also amazing.
'Glass Floor' wasn't the best thing I'd ever heard, but when 'We, the vehicles' came out I really got stuck into them. I still prefer Von B's stuff with The Promise Ring, but what he did with Vermont and now with Maritime is decent stuff.

Sounds like you had an interesting gig though. Wish they'd pop over with Make Believe in December.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
That's ****ing awesome considering I live like 20 minutes away from where that was happening. On a sidenote, I'm thinking about going to the UW very very soon...
Quote by trev913
RHCPhysco for the win.

Quote by rmr024
poop? i put it in a blender from time to time

Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM DorkusMalorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join.
Quote by abuseillusions
So I was just in the Uw madison dorms, watching the band Maritime play. It was going to be held at a different outdoor venue but it got rained out. So one of my friends invited them to play in the dorms. The show was in this little room and it was free. One of the coolest things ever.

The reason why Maritime is so important is that its made up of two memebers of the band the promise ring. The drummer and the singer. The singer is Davey (sp?). The promise ring is one of the more important bands to come out of the midwest, and populierized the early 90's post emo/ pre indie music scene. One of the coolest shows I've seen in a while. I got this close *strechs out arms* to davey.

hey, someone else from the madison area! /random
I will fuc