Im about to buy a new guitar, but i cant figure out witch one...

it needs to be a guitar where i can "rape" the whammybar without the strings getting out of tune.
First learn to spell

Then tell me what type of music you play

then your budget

Then how good you are

Then go out and buy a guitar with a original floyd rose which will cost about £700+ for a decent one
The only 6 words that can make you a better guitarist:

Learn theory
Practice better
Practice more
my spelling is crap because im not english, im danish and i got big hangovers atm :S

im not pro, bin playing serious for about a year now, im just tired of playing on my old guitar with rusty strings and crappy whammybar stuff...
i play mostly heavy metal (devildriver, trivium, metallica) and want to start playing music like dragonforce... therefore i need a guitar that is not to expensive but good enough to cover those categories... if anyone could understand this reply.
please refrain from using rape in that context, it pisses me off. . .

and if you've only been playing for a year, do you really know that you want a FR? IT might just become a novelty after a while. . .
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
This would be your best bet If you dont want to spend a ton of money.
Ibanez RG1570

And If thats to much check this out too.

Fender® Cyclone

The Ibanez will stay intune better but the cyclone is a decent guitar aswell.
Last edited by Osiris77 at Sep 9, 2006,
Quote by Osiris77
This would be your best bet If you dont want to spend a ton of money.
Ibanez RG1570

And If thats to much check this out too.

Fender® Cyclone

The Ibanez will stay intune better but the cyclone is a decent guitar aswell.

hmmmm the trem on the cyclone is the same as the found on mim strats so yeh but they arent great and i wouldnt see one doing steve vai,joe satriani stuff
Quote by azn_guitarist25
hmmmm the trem on the cyclone is the same as the found on mim strats so yeh but they arent great and i wouldnt see one doing steve vai,joe satriani stuff

Yeah but I was just suggesting a cheaper option like I said the RG will stay into alot better.
i use an ibanez Jem 555, that take a beating and stil stays in tune. but my ibanez s series is just as good, being cheaper its a better choice. ibanez are teh way forward
Quote by Osiris77
Yeah but I was just suggesting a cheaper option like I said the RG will stay into alot better.

cheaper option would of had just been a normal strat.
The Jem555 features an Edge Pro 2 bridge, which is not nearly as good as the Edge Pro on the RG1570, suggested by someone in a previous post. The 1570 is quite a good choice, not just for the trem, but for the overall quality (you can't go wrong with Ibanez Prestige guitars).
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Quote by dyingrevivalx06
floyd rose=trouble

dyingrevivalx06 = idiot. im sorry but their not trouble at all you just gotta learn how to be patient and it will work
I have the maverick f-1 and it is a pretty decent guitar. It has a floyd rose, and i have not had too many tuning problems, but when it comes to changing strings it is a bastard. Heres the link:
http://www.reidys.com/index.pl?submit=View_PLU&PLU=4801
We'll be washed and buried one day my friend
And the time we were given will be left for the world
The flesh that lived and loved will be eaten by plague
So let the memories be good for those who stay
Quote by azn_guitarist25
cheaper option would of had just been a normal strat.

Normal strats sound like crap in my opinion there are only good for upgrading, but the cyclone has a humbucker in the bridge so it should sound pretty good for soloing and if you want to upgrade to better pickups you can easily put a better humbucker in the bridge instead of having a headache cuting the normal strat up and rewiring.
Quote by Osiris77
Normal strats sound like crap in my opinion there are only good for upgrading, but the cyclone has a humbucker in the bridge so it should sound pretty good for soloing and if you want to upgrade to better pickups you can easily put a better humbucker in the bridge instead of having a headache cuting the normal strat up and rewiring.

mate its called a fat strat
Quote by RoflJOE
Im about to buy a new guitar, but i cant figure out witch one...

it needs to be a guitar where i can "rape" the whammybar without the strings getting out of tune.

you might want to look at guitars with locking tuners and a floyd rose
Quote by azn_guitarist25
mate its called a fat strat

You got me there those are nice.
Quote by rocknrollgod
you might want to look at guitars with locking tuners and a floyd rose

'ya think?

New tracks on my profile! Please check them out and see what you think!
Get an LTD with a Floyd Rose. You can "rape" those all you want without problems.
- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

the ibanez RG-series is really good I would get one of them in your position
***I'm not English-speaking so sorry if there's something wrong***

Gear:

Peavey Raptor 2 (Strat cop)
Ibanez SAS-32 FMDRS
Gibson accoustic from the 50s
Aria accoustic
Peavey amp
Hughes & Kettner Matrix 100
Ibanez LowFi7
Quote by flyingjew34
Get an LTD with a Floyd Rose. You can "rape" those all you want without problems.

and what Ibanez you can rape their floyds without any problems, and Caparison **** yes you can rape them all you want without a single tuning problem which you may experience on many low end LTD floyds with them being so cheap
Quote by hamish5178
please refrain from using rape in that context, it pisses me off. . .

FU