Hi everyone! i will soon be starting the the electric guitar and have made my descision that the guitar will be a Squier Standard Fat Strat with a Marshall MG15CDR amp (correct me if i'm wrong)!

Anyway, I noticed on the little info sticker on the Fat Strat that the body wood was Alder/Agathis! If anyone would care to explain, what does this mean? Does it mean i can choose the wood or is it a mix? I know that Alder is higher grade than agathis and that i should go for it over agathis, but i just don't understand! anyone care to help?
it means ull either get alder or agathis. depends on the model. put up a link.

affinity series are usually alder.

and dont get the MG15, imo, not a good amp.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Go for the yamaha pacifica 112

It's a far better guitar with solid alder body and is the same price - ihave had mine a year and it's brilliant against my friend who's replacing his squier because he doesn't like it

plus people don't laugh at you for having a squier

But if you really want the squier than than it probably means alder topped agathis... but i don't know

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/reviews/electric_guitars/yamaha/pacifica_112/index.html
The only 6 words that can make you a better guitarist:

Learn theory
Practice better
Practice more
Sorry guys i don't have a pic of it, but i do remember that it did say Alder/Agathis, and it was a standard series, not affinity.

i tested out the yamaha 112, but i felt more comfortable with the squier.

about the amp, i was told to get an amp with reverb my 15-watt options were Roland Cube 15, MicroCube or the marshall, Cube 15 doesnt have reverb, the speaker on the microcube is too small and so the marshall is what i am most likely to go for.
^if u go with the yamaha, make sure its a 112J the $200 one. there is a cheaper version isnt near as nice.

and alder/agathis means, alder OR agathis, depending on where it's shipped from.

and as long as we're still on topic. check out the micro cube amp with effects for $125.

edit: if u go with the squier then make sure its a good one, i mean read over the sticky on how to choose a guitar and pick out a buzz free guitar that can hold it's tune.

and the micro should be concidered because it's more than enough for bedroom practice and none of these amps are good enough over a drummer so why get 15w?

if u hate the idea then look at randall amps instead.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Last edited by jj1565 at Sep 9, 2006,
Yeh i tested out the 112J, but still i find the Squier more comfortable and the amp, i guess the only reason for me to get the microcube is because it has fx, but no eq, and the cube 15, eq, but no reverb, marshall, eq and reverb, so i guess thats my choice
IMO the cube sounds much better than any mg and will last you so much longer. Once you start moving up to bigger amps you can still use your cube because its got much better tone. Of course with just a practice amp it really doesnt matter.
George W. Bush for President 2012

We can do it if we work together!
Well there you go, i'll see, the reason why the microcube is on my bad side is because i was told that the speaker was too small (standard size for 15 watts are 8" not 5")