Is there anyway to get such a sound out of my setup? ive been fiddling around with my amp abit but cant get anything close to an acoustic sound. is it even possible or will i need an effects pedal or something?
Ibanez 370DX LH, Tanglewood Nevada LH, Freshman Apoostic, VOX AD30VT amp
There's effect pedals for that, they're called acoustic simulators. But you can still hear a difference.
Quote by SleepTalkinMan
"Ooh! Straight-jackets online! Christmas sorted."
boss acoustic simulator
Guitars:
Parkwood PW320M
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone C-40 willie nelson signature
Squier Strat
Some beat up acoustic from '68

Amps:
Vox Ad50vt
Crate xt15r

Effects:
Vox Clyde McCoy Wah
definately need a singlecoil pickup and acoustic simulator, but an acoustic guitar is probably a better bet.
well i was thinking of getting an acoustic anyway... although i was wondering if i could get that kind of sound out of my amp settings with an electric. seems as though i would need a pedal, i might aswell cut my losses and spend the money on an acoustic insted. thanks.
Ibanez 370DX LH, Tanglewood Nevada LH, Freshman Apoostic, VOX AD30VT amp
Electrics give a sound which has loads of mid and quite a bit of high - this is mirrored by ekectric guitar amps which are best at handling mid range frequencies and higha

Acoutics give a lot more lower frequency tones so if you plug your electic into a bass amp or PA system (anything which isn't designed for a guitar) then you'll get a more acoustic tone.

But your best bet is just to use an acoustic
The only 6 words that can make you a better guitarist:

Learn theory
Practice better
Practice more
Quote by doive
Electrics give a sound which has loads of mid and quite a bit of high - this is mirrored by ekectric guitar amps which are best at handling mid range frequencies and higha

Acoutics give a lot more lower frequency tones so if you plug your electic into a bass amp or PA system (anything which isn't designed for a guitar) then you'll get a more acoustic tone.

But your best bet is just to use an acoustic

+1
Get an acoustic. Maybe it's just me, but every acoustic simulator I've played sounds like a load of crap.
Get an acoustic, electrics with acoustic tones, suck.
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by snowbert
SMOKE UN-DER WATER!!!

It's basically impossible. A piezo is the best bet.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.