I found one of these guitars at a gd price but i dont know if i should go for it im thinking it wont give me the right sound for the style i play.I play mostly everything from Metallica to Pink Floyd and Green Day and alternative music. I know the strat is a very versatile guitar but im not quite sure it might produce that hard crunch sound for metallica. Maybe u can help me out a bit ? The strat is SSS combination and has a vintage style tremolo
Gear:

Guitars:
ESP Ltd Ex-50
Jackson DK2M(Coming Soon)
Amp:
Laney Mxd120
Accessories:
Digitech Rp100 Effects Pedal
Currently i got a Laney Mxd120 amp and maybe the effects help a bit more to give that crunchy sound but i just found out my friend has the same model and ill try it out on my amp and see what sound i get...
Gear:

Guitars:
ESP Ltd Ex-50
Amp:
Laney Mxd120
Accessories:
Also i wanted to ask what maybe a good esp that has the same quality as a strat im guessing a 1000 model or better not a 400 right?
Gear:

Guitars:
ESP Ltd Ex-50
Amp:
Laney Mxd120
Accessories:
Quote by Robot666
Also i wanted to ask what maybe a good esp that has the same quality as a strat im guessing a 1000 model or better not a 400 right?

I have no idea about the ESP line at all.

But I do know that it would probably be best for you to get a new amp instead of a new guitar to get the sound you want.
The 50s classic strat is a very nice guitar ,beautiful feeling v-neck but it has very loud pickup hum as it was in the 50s ,were the American version have been upgraded with quieter or noiseless pickups. You just have to turn down the volume knob or hold your hand on the strings between songs.
The 50's is a great guitar, so long as you like the tone and the feel of the guitar

If you don't like the vintage style neck, don't bother with it, you're better off buying a modern strat and upgrading the pickups as you see fit. Mabey a Hotrails in the bridge of a Standard Strat?
Guitars
MIM Fender Telecaster
Art & Lutherie Cedar
1969 EKO Ranchero
G&L Tribute L2500

Amps
Traynor YCV40WR
Yorkville BM400H
Peavey TVX 4x10

Effects
Behringer DSP1000
Dunlop GCB95 Wah
Digitech HotRod
BBE Sonic Stomp
The MIM 50s have VERy weak pickups. If you want to play Greenday/etc, you would have to upgrade pickups, which can be hard because Stacked Single Coils have a hard time fitting. I put Fender Hot Noiseless in mine and they BARELY fit. I would actually suggest you do not put Hot Noiseless in there for that reason (though the sound is good). You can find tons of pickups that would fit though.