This is a recording from a long time ago that I did with a band that I don't even think is together anymore, because of musical differences.. It's pretty punk influenced I think, I played guitars on the track. I'm just wondering what you guys thought of it, if it's any good. It's called London Horizon, the webpage is right here. Thanks a lot. Oh and I know the drums in the beginning are pretty bad. Whatever.
[SIZE=
Last edited by SupImJimmy at Sep 9, 2006,
hmm, i didnt like it too much. the tone on the guitar was a bit bleurgh, and the solo dint sound right.
Yeah... I'm not saying it's the best recording, or even decent, I basically left these guys because I was tired of playing powerchords and that's all they wanted me to do. And for the comment above this, I agree with the tone comments, but I still think it sounds good as a whole for recording it in the drummer's basment.
[SIZE=
Not bad for a quick basement job... did you play the lead? It's catchy. Good stuff.
"I don't want to be hostile. I don't want to be dismal.
But I don't want to rot in an apathetic existence either.
"
-Maynard

\w/ gear-vault.com \w/
Thanks man. Yeah I played both guitars and did overdubs.. so two guitar tracks. And I have to say that I expected you to flame this thread because of my posts in your song's thread. So thank you for acting like an adult there (no sarcasm or hard feelings intended).
[SIZE=
Recording is meh. Instruments are pretty good, although pretty basic. Nothing great. To be honest, Im sick of hearing singers who sound like that. Solo/lead thing is pretty good, but simple. I'd get a better singer, maybe some better recordings and some decent riffs that work with the type of music. All in all, I'd say 6/10

crit for crit?
http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=430950